Thread: Sound Deadening

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sound Deadening

Just wanted to gorge your thoughts on what's the best stuff to use for sound deadening if you have a sub (or two) in the boot..my experience has been the boot rattles the most, so i went and bought some RhinoMat[x2](you get two sheets in each) from CAS and really I want to take off the plastic panel on the boot and fill it somehow?, either with the RhinoMat or something that can take the hit as I was intending to use the RhinoMat under the space saver area directly on the metal.

Anyone recommend anything that they've personally used, foaming the inside of the boot is I suppose the last option as I would prefer to do something that is hidden(e.i. the rhinomat) ..because lets face it, the foam inside the boot well ,,It's not really a sexy piece of kit
    Astra 1.6 SXI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my tailgate and the bit below are filled with acostic sponge that i got from my dad from industrial grinding machines
    iv not had a sub running in there before the sponge so i couldn't tell you if it made any difference
    dint take that long i just chopped it up into little strips and pushed it in
    have to be careful off the lock stuff though or you might clog it up
    if it ant broke, don't fix it.....mod it! MK4 flip keys £13.99

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could try this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/sile...-door-kit.html

this is what i intend to use and before i got kicked outa the club i was in for not taking 1001 Ginger jokes or ya mum jokes most people loved this stuff for value and how well it worked!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I scrapped the idea of rhinomat ..returned it and got a cap and crossover..Fitted it today!..it's actually not as bad with the vibration as I once thought..suprising because despite going higher in rms and deeper in fq. and slightly higher bass gain it doesnt sound as tinny/rattling..perhaps the air space inside the boot has filled out better..perhaps!..but still thinking of just filling in the bootlid with some roof insulation..it was just the bootlid vibration from outside because it's hollow between the plastic inside and the metal
    outside. Will get up some pics but still got loads of work to do yet.
    Astra 1.6 SXI

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    need to look at mine once i pay off my college fees! want some SD in boot, doors and rear quarters but dont want to add too much weight that cant be removed too quickly!

what system you running, find mines horrid for rattles on boot and door cards!

my systems only small but when i scale it up im going to s**t my pants due to vibration if i dont look at it!

would be nice to see some pics

chris

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had 2 Kenwood subs..had them for a week and not what I was after, so I got hold of another box (quad ported, with persplex on front) ..awaiting my x2 Lanzar subs, 2000w peak/1000w rms, will be hooking up as 1ohm to my Juice amp@1ohm.

Got my capacitor in place already as my amp was cutting out when I pressed the throttle, loss in power to the amp, so thats sorted that problem out,..installed my crossover, but once I recieve the two subs, hopefully then will be able to tweak it..

The biggest upgrade Iv done so far has got to be the standard headunit to an Alpine X305S..its made a massive difference on SQ, even my standard mid's are sounding much better, can also go higher in volume then what the OEM headunit can give out(bare in mind there are no pre-outs on the CD30/MP3s) so just by having a decent headunit to amp, has made all the difference in the world!!

Still have my tweeters to install - Iv seen a thread on here by another member on how to change them over, and also the Sound deadening description is top notch! - advised to have a look if your thinking about sound deadening using Rhino or Dyno.
    Astra 1.6 SXI

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can you send me a link for the thread mate!

so far ive got pioneer avh3200bt, jbl amp from old car and spl dynamics sub only running 200 watts into sub rms and its a good please with the kids around town all due to a very big very nice tuned box that fills boot!

want to move to new comps and spl dynamics amps, will say the old headunit sounded shite!