Thread: Where To Get Mats & Dump Valve for 1.9 CDTI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where To Get Mats & Dump Valve for 1.9 CDTI

Hi, I want to buy a few new things for my car this week & wondered if anyone had any advice on where to get them from.

Firstly I was thinking about getting a dump valve for my 1.9 CDTI (150) as my brother has one on his golf & it sounds awsome. Do they exist for these engines? Where can I get one?

The second thing Im after is a decent set of floor mats, Really id like ones that used the plastic clips on the floor to prevent them sliding about.

Any advice on where to get either product would be great, Thanks in advance.
    Mark.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Dump valves on a diesel don't really work and are a little pointless IMO...Diesel engines work differently to petrol engines so itís not as straight forward. They are available but they have to be electronically activated by a clutch or accelerator switch. Personally I wouldn't waste the cash...Iím not a massive fan of them on petrol turbo engines either.

As for the mats, Vauxhall will do them but they will be very expensive...have you tried Ebay?? Or if you don't want Vauxhall branded mats there is always the likes of Halfords, they do tailor fitted mats for the Astra. You just have to order them in some cases.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, thanks for the info, not sure if il bother with a dump valve then as I thought it was a straight forward fit & didn't really matter if it was diesel or petrol as it ran off the turbo but it sounds like alot of hassle. As for the mats I wasn't aware Halfords did custom fit ones, I thought it was just the off the shelf ones. Il pop in there tomorrow then. Cheers mate.