Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Fully Comp Worth The Extra ???

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is Fully Comp Worth The Extra ???

Ive just had a Quote for 1300 for 3rd Party F&T... Or i Can go for fully comp for 1700ish i think it was.......

I would be paying monthly anyway. so tpf&t was 111.00 pm and the Fully Comp was 145ish Pm...........?

Just wanted peoples opinions of Fully Comp........ Is it woth it etc.....? Also what are the advantages as ive always just been 3rd party & Theft...

Ta, John

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    fully comp usually get leagle fees upto certain amount ,courtesy car if needed, mine has breakdown cover in with it (mines with homestart so dont have 2 push it a mile away from house) an euro cover 35 days if they cant fix at roadside then they will take me 2 a garage an if needed will put me up in a hotel as long as needed or upto the value of 1500
    1.6 16v duelfuel

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, but every company will offer somthing different i guess..... i was more wondering on the payout side of things etc... im more drawn towards the fully comp as it will cover everything......

(The car in question is a 04 astra G - Hatch - 1.6 SXi Twinport - Paid 1900 for it, vaux had it on forecourt for 3500)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you tried the likes of gocompare etc? In a lot of companies now fully comp works out cheaper than 3rd party as they reckon drivers asking for fully comp consider themselves as safer drivers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.smiler View Post
    Ive just had a Quote for 1300 for 3rd Party F&T... Or i Can go for fully comp for 1700ish i think it was.......

I would be paying monthly anyway. so tpf&t was 111.00 pm and the Fully Comp was 145ish Pm...........?

Just wanted peoples opinions of Fully Comp........ Is it woth it etc.....? Also what are the advantages as ive always just been 3rd party & Theft...

Ta, John
    if you total your car and it's your fault the insurance company pay for it.
    if your car's only worth a few hundred quid it's probably not worth bothering. if it's worth a bit and you want it repaired or replaced with a similar car should you smash it up then go for it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah tried the compare sites. the compny im looking at is - Premium Choice. Seem a fair price for me as im 20 with 1 Years no Claims.... Well will be in feb..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you tried admiral?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have an accident and it is your fault with fully comp it will cover and arrange repairs/payout for both parties.

If you are just third party, the insurance will sort out the other person in the accident, and you'll be left with nothing.

You just have to work out if your car is worth more than it would cost to pay the extra and whether you'll have the money to buy a new car if you have an accident and your car is damaged or written off.

Make sure your cover has legal protection included too as I've noticed that some don't include this when on comparison sites. This means if you have an accident and the other person tries to claim for whiplash or injury, they pay the solicitors and legal fees as part of your insurance.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you go fully comp and you crash and the damage will cost 50% (might be less) of the value of the car it will be written off any way so work out the book price of the car and see if you think it is worth it. Also see how availble the spares are for the same model car as it might be worth going third party and if needs be repair yourself?

Jason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    try footmanjames mines 88 quid a month fully comp
    1.6 16v duelfuel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast