Thread: Condensation all the time

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Condensation all the time

Had my astra 1.6 auto se since april last year.I have had a variety of electrical faults with the car.Now i have constant condenation.I thought it might be the the weather.My rear window has moisture running down every day i get into the car.Also the two rear side windows have moisture on them.To topit all today i had condensation on the windscreen.It adds ten minutes extra to any journey while i wait for the heating, air conditioning to work.And then it still doesnt help.Any ideas.Imphoning my dealer monday to book it in for an inspection.The car is on the motability scheme.I have had astras since 1994.This is the only astra i have had any problems with.If it continues they can have it back.May then go to ford.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I noticed them same. It fogs up pretty quickly, although it is expected to some degree in all cars. However, the automatic A/C doesn't take care of it. In certain conditions I regularly have to turn on the windscreen mode, because in Auto the winscreen fogs up after a time. The rear windows are almost always foggy.
    Maybe try changing the air filter?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got a new pollen filter in mine already. misting up quite bad.
    drove past a few parked cars yesterday and they were all clear except for a Vectra which was steamed up all round

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have condensation on the inside it can be a sign that you have a leak into the car somewhere. I noticed I was getting condensation inside when my windscreen seal was leaking, but once that was fixed it was fine.

I had another car with a leaky boot (coupe) and the rear window was always covered with condensation each morning.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Took my car to the dealer at 8 a.m. this morning.They are going to check it over for leaks.I can see one of the leaks,its the rear left passengers window.It been getting a bit tiresome now waiting nearly every journey for the windows to demist.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Silica gel.

Booom, win win win win.

I have loads in my car, because my sunroof has a leak. Works wonders.