Thread: Turbo for astra gsi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Turbo for astra gsi

My turbo has gone on my astra gsi 53 plate been told that it's just a seal where can I get a repair kit as can't find them anywhere, iv been told the astra vxr turbo would fit my car is this true? If so where sells recon turbos? Cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah the vxr turbo does just bolt straight on. Cheapest place at the mo i think is regal autosport £470 odd. They will adjust the actuator for u b4 they send it so it's set up for a zlet.
    Everything u will need can be found on this page http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=96551
    Under vxr turbo. Ignor the last 6 items from that list because you won't need them, don't take much notice of the price either because of the vat increase.
    If you become a full paid member on here you can use the 'tradeclub' account number for your local main dealers if they do the trade club and you will get more discount. I think I paid £70 ish pounds for all the gaskets, bolts and washers from my local dealer when I changed my turbo at Xmas.
    Hope this helps you out.
    Paul.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You will also need to give it a service at the same time, again oil is about £17 and filter is about £3 on the tradeclub. Obviously its all gm stuff which is brilliant for our cars, don't get roped in to paying £50 odd for oil etc gm oil is the best for our cars in my opinion and at that price you can afford to give it a service more regularly say every 3-5k.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks 4that can i get the turbo repair kit for the gsi turbo?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboytats View Post
    Thanks 4that can i get the turbo repair kit for the gsi turbo?
    You can think they sell them on eBay but then there's the whole issue of making sure it's all balanced etc. If you don't wanna new turbo then u could send it away to be reconditioned to places like CR Turbos, Turbo Dynamics etc but depending on what they find it maybe cheaper to just buy a new vxr unit. But ring them for prices etc just google them

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will do cheers