Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Removing scratches

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    LukeCoupeT's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,367
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Removing scratches

    Some F**K wit has either driven in to the side or some one on a push bike has gone into it as there is a black mark along with a nice scratch just wondeing whats the best way to make the scratch less visable i was looking in halfrauds from some scratch pens but i heard there absolute rubbish

    open to any ideas

    thanks

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    DucatiEvo's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you feel the scratch with your fingernail? If so then it will be too deep to remove totally, but you could try some Megs ScratchX to try and reduce it.

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    steady10101's Avatar
    Yorkshire RO
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    2,962
    Mentioned in
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed with the scratch pens. I tried on a hidden part to test one and it looks alot worse.

    The megs product is suposed to be one of the better ones but i found t-cut reduced the scratches on mine. But i have lots. Might not be so good if just the one scratch.

    Good luck
    Live in Yorkshire? Click here for meet ups in our area!

    Currently driving Arden Blue Zafira GSi..... Not your average people carrier!

    If speed scares you, try Windows...

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    LukeCoupeT's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,367
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DucatiEvo View Post
    Can you feel the scratch with your fingernail? If so then it will be too deep to remove totally, but you could try some Megs ScratchX to try and reduce it.

    hi no i cant feel it with my finger u can just se it nice on the silver body work where i washed and waxed it

    n nah it a few long marks but a load of little ones around them with a black scuff mark that what makes me think its a bike or car but i will try this megs sratchX stuff see how it works

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    dwmc's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you clayed it yet as this could removed the black mark ?

    if you can`t feel the scratch with your fingernail it sounds like polishing it out is possible .

    try the G-TECH P1 polish as it can be used by hand or machine

    details here including vids >> http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars...posite-polish/

    polish wise when it comes to paint correction my 1st choice is P1 polish

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    TheDJ's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Had my car lightly keyed!

    hi

    had the car lightly keyed 2 weeks ago, first will say t-cut worked well and removed alot of the mark not all of it!

    went to a local car bodywork specialist and cosmetics guy for his assessment, he said a machine polish was the way forward. The panel its self would have being around 40 pound but did more work and cost 60 pound. stupid vauxhall dident repair the scratches on the front wing of the car when i got it unlike what they said :<

    he did say a full machine will cost around 100 pound and will remove scratches and swirl marks. understand its cost but well worth it, cars only being mine 3 months and is a year old but the finish he gave it was amazing

    Chris

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    LukeCoupeT's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,367
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    hi

    had the car lightly keyed 2 weeks ago, first will say t-cut worked well and removed alot of the mark not all of it!

    went to a local car bodywork specialist and cosmetics guy for his assessment, he said a machine polish was the way forward. The panel its self would have being around 40 pound but did more work and cost 60 pound. stupid vauxhall dident repair the scratches on the front wing of the car when i got it unlike what they said :<

    he did say a full machine will cost around 100 pound and will remove scratches and swirl marks. understand its cost but well worth it, cars only being mine 3 months and is a year old but the finish he gave it was amazing

    Chris
    Hi mate i got a buffing machine from one of my old jobs lying about in the garage i was gnna do it once i man up and go out in the cold but im gnna opt for this P1 nano wax stuff i was shown already got some on order cheap aswell comes with a 1l bottle for like £4.95 or something like that well worth it


    dwmc put a link to the polish i purchased looks the bomb bets bit of advice i had in ages thanks for that mate

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    tone's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kettering
    Posts
    5,430
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cant really go wrong with T-cut if doing it by hand

    or getting a proper cutting compound and using a machine polisher to get rid of it
    G t c

    soon!

  9. #9
    Razzzle
    Razzzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeAstraSXI View Post
    Hi mate i got a buffing machine from one of my old jobs lying about in the garage i was gnna do it once i man up and go out in the cold but im gnna opt for this P1 nano wax stuff i was shown already got some on order cheap aswell comes with a 1l bottle for like £4.95 or something like that well worth it


    dwmc put a link to the polish i purchased looks the bomb bets bit of advice i had in ages thanks for that mate

    P1 is 100ml for £4.79 + Post.

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    scottbt's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The P1 will be fine if by hand and using the correct applicator. If using a scraggy old t-shirt then your more than likely going to make a slight mess tbh, same with any polish really, if used correctly and applied with the correct applicators or pads by machine they work tremendously, get the application wrong and it will look gash.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Removing Scratches
    By ..VeNoM.. in forum Car Care and Detailing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 22:49
  2. Removing little scratches, PLEASE HELP!
    By astrakid in forum Car Care and Detailing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-08-2005, 15:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •