AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook

eBay Question

Hey All

Well I just won a new Pioneer stereo on eBay for well under the odds, it had no reserve on it at all and was clearly stated as no reserve in the title, but is a seller allowed to or can they if they wanted to then decline sending the item once it has sold?

I just get the feeling as it was so far under the odds that the user might try and come on with some excuse as to why he can't sell it now or even cancell the auction so that he can then try and sell it again.

Is that possible or is it a case of once its sold with no reserve thats it and he can't get out of it and has to send me the stereo??

Cheers for any help.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    As I said last night, I am pretty sure that once you have won it, and paid money for it, if it has no reserve, then there is no way of the seller getting out of it.

Remember, if he does go on about reserve, tell him what he put in the title of the auction!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "can be removed due to being advertised elsewhere" is the normal get out clause.

As said the seller should honour the deal.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have had someone try it on once and say the product has been broken so they will refund me. this i think is because the auction went to low

they are by rights suppose to sell it for the sold price but in the real world, if they aint happy with the final price then they dont have to send it, there are loop holes to get out of it.. long and short of it, you will either got your cd player or a refund..

you as a buyer have the upperhand and you still have the ability to leave neg if the buyer pulls out..

to lift the situation a bit tho...

i was watching a jbl 1000w amp last week, tried to get the seller to end early and i would pay straight away ( i had £70 in mind but never commited a price to the seller),

he replied i will leave the auction run..

i won the amp for £38, i didnt think it would arrive as the price was low and low and behold, it arrived yesterday

hope all goes smooth and you get your bargain mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If youve won it, seller should have to honour sale

If he wants to be a c... then he could just ignore you, but youd get your money back, and him bad feedback

Ive sent stuff thats ended at 99p before thats been a good 100+ new, my fault for thinking it would get more

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by low3sy View Post
    i have had someone try it on once and say the product has been broken so they will refund me. this i think is because the auction went to low

they are by rights suppose to sell it for the sold price but in the real world, if they aint happy with the final price then they dont have to send it, there are loop holes to get out of it.. long and short of it, you will either got your cd player or a refund..

you as a buyer have the upperhand and you still have the ability to leave neg if the buyer pulls out..

to lift the situation a bit tho...

i was watch a jbl 1000w amp last week, tried to get the seller to end early and i would pay straight away ( i had £70 in mind but never commited a price to the seller),

he replied i will leave the auction run..

i won the amp for £38, i didnt think it would arrive as the price was low and low and behold, it arrived yesterday

hope all goes smooth and you get your bargain mate!
    At the end of the day I can't imagine he would try the whole "didn't sell for enough". The auction had no reserve written all over it, in the title, and in the description.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    At the end of the day I can't imagine he would try the whole "didn't sell for enough". The auction had no reserve written all over it, in the title, and in the description.
    no no, i didnt mean he going to come out with "it didnt sell for enough".

although it had "no reserve" on the auction, he must have had a rough idea on what the minimum he would take for it..

people always put no reserve as a selling point..

if people are not happy with the overall selling price then they will try their best to wriggle back and not send the item, ive seen it a few times.

product was broken after sale blah blah blah.

my misus bought a bag once, then the seller messaged saying her husband had sold it to a friend, next week it was back on ebay....
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra H 1.8 SRi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The seller does have to sell for the final auction price really but in reality a few will use the excuse its gotten broken, or they will say they have posted it you'll never receive it and they will have to refund. Not a great deal you can do about it. For such a low value item it would not be worth pursuing.
    Astra H 1.8 SRi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Easy to get out of it. Request to cancel the transaction due to the item being broken or lost.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A few months back i won a front xp splitter for £15 a contacted the seller 1 hour before auction was due to end asking if he had a but it now price and he siad yes £110 at the time there was no bids so i decided to try my luck in the auction it stated in his ad no reserve and didnt say advertised else where. Anyway i won the auction payed striaght away never got it after one week then contacted the seller asking where it is he got back to me saying he has changed his mind and doesnt want to sell and refunded my money so in my experince a would say he doesnt have the sell it theres so many ways he can get out of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast