Thread: CRD-T Review

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

CRD-T Review

I'm sure that many of you with CDTi engines have thought about mapping and tuning boxes. When I first got my diesel idecided to go down the tuning box route and got a DTUK Eco 3 Green box, this was fantastic loads more grunt that put a smile on my face and a 4 ish mpg increase.
    After a year I have decided to go one further and upgrade to a DTUK CRD-T at £200 from ebay. I hooked it up, although getting the boost sensor switch disconected was a little tricky and plugged in the box. When I recived the box it was set to Map 4 (Abyss map) +0% so i left it at that.
    Well....... OH MY GOD. I thought the car would pull well as with the green box but I wasnt ready to have my face ripped off!! The revs rise from idle to just under 2k rpm then all hell breaks loose and the car just launches. Its like driving with the sports button on all the time but then when the sports button is on its like the car and the car is a mental drug adict thats gone cold turkey and the throttle is its drug. Just a gentle squeeze and its off. Im going to select a lower map until I get used to it (I never thought I would say that!!).

This box is fantastic and the car feels very fast, Ill post more once I have had a play with the other maps.
    Astra H SRi 1.9 CDTI
    WG Motorworks stage 1.5 Remap, VXR suspension, Whiteline RARB, Courtenay brake hoses, VXR brakes,
    OP COM East Anglia Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the abyss map is the most aggressive map on there a kicks in with high torque quite early altho not a fast map 2 is pretty good

is this on the 1.9>?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_bunce View Post
    I hooked it up, although getting the boost sensor switch disconected was a little tricky and plugged in the box.
    When you say Disconnecting the Boost Sensor Switch ...
    Is this to stop the car going into limp mode due to the Boost threshold being higher with the Box attached and exceeding the standard setting on the Ecu ?. & did you do this at the MAP Sensor ?(Manifold Pressure Sensor)

An aggressive map is good for the smile factor but long term not good for the Ole components, Such as the Duall Mass Flywheel & drive ancillary's.

Dean

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just had a quick look on their site ...

I see that it just sits in between the the boost pressure sensor, similar to how it connects to the Fuel Rail...

I thought that disconnecting it was asking for trouble

Dean