Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Remote Start Up Lead For Amplifier

Hi All,

I am seeking advice as to where i should place the remote start-up lead for the amp in my CD30, i have connected all the other cables loosing my rear speakers but i am unsure as to where i can apply this cable. Any Advice?

Cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is a ignition wire on the rear of the headunit or behind the glove box there is a loom running up the left hand side red wire is 12v black wire is ignition

also you dont have to disconnect the rear speackers just tap into them

also run the RCA's down the other side to the power cable to help stop interferance

also i seen in your other post you are going to install a power cap dont bother there a waste of time and dont do anything really

sorry for bad spelling lol

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate!
    Come On Thee Arsenal!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is a spare black wire doing nothing on the cig lighter too,this is easier to get to than pulling the headunit out..

and as above, you only need to "T off" the rear speakers, as far as running them opposite side to the power cables??? thats the first time ive heard that??
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is an old post but yeah, you should always keep power cables and speaker cables separate as they can interfere with each other.

Can I just double check tho, a couple of you are suggesting T ing off from rear speakers? Wha5 exactly do you mean by this? Running wires from where to where?

Dannyboy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d4nz0 View Post
    I know this is an old post but yeah, you should always keep power cables and speaker cables separate as they can interfere with each other.

Can I just double check tho, a couple of you are suggesting T ing off from rear speakers? Wha5 exactly do you mean by this? Running wires from where to where?

Dannyboy
    Meaning ..splice into the headunit wires which run to the rear speakers for access from the headunit to phono input on amp..u don't need the phono plugs on the headunit end just the wire to wrap around the spliced area on the headunit of the rear speaker wires..implying that you are T'ing off from the rear speakers..so headunit to a T(1 to rear speakers and the other to phono on amp)

HTH
    Astra 1.6 SXI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so, you're advising amp'ing an already amp'd signal?

The signal leaving the head unit going to the rear speakers will already be amp'd to around 40watt max (possibly 15-20 rms).... splitting this wiring to go to a speaker and also an amp input is pretty crazy, just asking for trouble.... this is why head unit have 'preamp outs', specifically for amp'ing up. I would heavily advise against this...... its not a difficult job to get a set of phono leads, plug them into the back of the head unit (assuming your head unit has rca outs), run then down the door trims into the boot (or wherever you have your amp)

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your advice again, I hope I am!

Dannyboy

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Danny factory headunits have no RCA pre outs so people recomend going onto the rear speaker wires with a line convertor
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    now using the line converter makes alot more sense. Never used one personally but definitely wouldn't use the methods above without one.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d4nz0 View Post
    now using the line converter makes alot more sense. Never used one personally but definitely wouldn't use the methods above without one.
    i got one from ebay mate, cost a 10er, does the job perfectly, "t" it into the rear speakers and take the rca jacks to the amp.

jobs a good'n

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_2315wt_905
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast