Thread: Welcome lighting

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome lighting

as title, according to the manual my Astra J Sri should have welcome lighting. unlocking with keyfob turns on lights, puddle lights, interior lights etc etc. apparently it facilitates locating the vehicle in the dark.
    Ive looked all thru the Vehicle personalisation menu's for "Exterior ambient lighting" but it aint there.

I assumed it was a standard feature as its not mentioned anywhere in the brochure as a optional extra.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ask ur dealer it might have to be coded in using channel 21. something that only we can do. If u have only just got it it will be free so no worries about that.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stubaynton View Post
    as title, according to the manual my Astra J Sri should have welcome lighting. unlocking with keyfob turns on lights, puddle lights, interior lights etc etc. apparently it facilitates locating the vehicle in the dark.
    Ive looked all thru the Vehicle personalisation menu's for "Exterior ambient lighting" but it aint there.

I assumed it was a standard feature as its not mentioned anywhere in the brochure as a optional extra.

Hi mate, I asked my dealer same Q today when my car was in, and it appears its not a standard feature on all j's!! only high spec models

I need to know how to connect my phone to the car system, something I meant to ask and totally forgot to!!! Any ideas, let me know please...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have Elite 20t CDti , it has amber lighting all way around looks awsome at night ..like some guy said , only comes on top spec Astra .

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Heathy, it should say in the manual how to connect your pone to the car via the Blutooth? I've got mine connected. I'm sure you turn on the Bluetooth on your phon, press the phone button on the car & ask it to pair (it should talk out to you a list of options). (Alternatively press the pone button on the steering wheel) The car I think should search and find your phone & your phone name should appear on the bit where the car radio display is.
    You can still change it to radio / Aux/ CD after this.

To make call you can use the phone button or by pressing the steering wheel button. Your car will start talking to you and give you a list of options, just repeat the word back to it of what you would like to do.

Hope that helps?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stubaynton View Post
    as title, according to the manual my Astra J Sri should have welcoime lighting. unlocking with keyfob turns on lights, puddle lights, interior lights etc etc. apparently it facilitates locating the vehicle in the dark.

Hi there,
    yes it's the main lights which come on when you unlock and if the main beam is pulled towards you when you get out inables the'see you home mode'
    PSXCAR