Thread: Next Upgrade...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Next Upgrade...

OK guys im quite happy with the way my cars looking atm so im wanting to squeeze a bit more power out my little X18XE1.

So far i have done the normal intake mods + high flow filter and fitted a strate through catback exhauste. I was looking at dbilas intake manifolds and Lexmaul exhauste manifolds but they just cost too much.

Im thinking for going for cams atm as im told the X18XE1 had crappy ones as standard so my main questions are approx how much do you guys think a new set of cams would cost including fitting? How much power do you think i would gain from just changing the cams? And would i need to get a remap after having them fitted?

Im a complete noob when it comes to things like cams :P

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Moved to the NA forum, as you should get more help there.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can get your current cams reprofiled to fast road spec for about 160-180 but from reading on here theres a possibility of the followers wearing out quicker with the reprofiled cams because they need to work more than before.

You could also look at cat cams,pipper etc for new ones made from blanks, these are about 250-300 last time i looked.

You can see anything from 15bhp upwards from what i seen looking about when i was going to cam my old car, a Remap would help get afew more BHP and make the car drive better also worth while moving your rev limiter up a wee bit because you will most likely find your car will still be climbing at the 6500rpm redline it has as standard HTH
    Just because it smokes like a taxi doesnt mean it goes like one