Thread: Power loss sporthatch 150

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Power loss sporthatch 150

I have Developed a fault over the last couple of days. It feels like one minute the turbo is there and the next it's gone. When setting of or driving along in gear when the revs are low it stutters along like a 1000 cc diesel then the turbo eventually comes back there's a big puff of smoke and it's off again. Any ideas would be grateful p.s no lights on dashboard
    YORKSHIRE OPCOM DIAGNOSTICS,CRUISE CONTROL ETC PM 4 DETAILS

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any 1 got any ideas

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    egr? not really sure mate
    Mk5 Red 1.9 CDTI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it due for a service?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow WARDY25 On Twitter Add WARDY25 on Facebook
    egr,dpf,swirl valves????

needs checking steve my man, any lights coming on????
    ASTRA 'J' 330 SRI CDTI RST

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like egr to me common thing on them engines i had a signum 1.9cdti and mine went cost about £100 for egr and about £6 for gasket from alfa............... held on with 6 bolts easy enuff 15 minute job

you can clean them but nee saying how long it will last

there is a fix for the swirl valve to will have a look for it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,
    Well now to the nitty gritty of this inlet manifold DIY repair and after a lot of thought it actually took me about half an hour to do!
    This relates to the Manifold on the 1.9 CDTi Circa 55 plate.
    The car started chugging really bad when started in the morning for a few seconds and then seemed to be ok apart from a few “limp mode” episodes.So time to pop the bonnet up and have a look.
    Whipped off the engine cover and had a peer around the engine and spotted that the linkage on top of the inlet manifold was laying there and obviously feeling very sorry for itself! So I fished it out and could see straight away that the inside of the four black thingys attached to this rather odd shaped linkage were in fact badly worn hence not rocket science to see why it had parted company with the four actuator pods in the manifold.
    While investigating this I had of course been to many VX dealers to be told that this linkage is not available to buy as a separate component and is part of the manifold which in my view is an abject disgrace and why I asked the question as to what this recent “field remedy” 2065 was about cos I reckon it is this linkage that you cant buy unless you buy and have fitted the entire manifold at approx £500!.
    Essentially this linkage is attached to the pegs by a plastic ball and socket arrangement and its the socket on the linkage which has worn. The pegs on close examination appear not to be worn at all and are although difficult to see similar to a pear shape i.e slightly wider at the top than lower down.
    The majority of the wear is at the edges of the sockets so I have trimmed about 1-1.5mm off the sockets using some emery cloth placed on a flat surface,it’s important to ensure that this is trimmed off to leave a flat face to attach the rubber washers scientifically purchased from B&Q Ha!
    These washers are rubber but are quite stiff but are still flexible enough to push fit over the pear shaped pegs and then sit comfortably round the thinner part of the peg, these rubber washers have a 3mm hole in them which is the perfect size to just fit snuggly over the pegs.
    Once you have the sockets trimmed down simply superglue the washers to the sockets and that friends is about it!,the washers cost me about a quid and I have included the label from them here.
    Now done close to 4K miles and the thing is still working well.
    For info the third pod from the left as you look down on the manifold is the actuated one this linkage simply syncronises all four,when its working that is!
    I should have taken some pictures of the linkage before I put it back on, but as you can imagine I was very keen to give it a try!
    sorry the picture of it back in place is not great but you can see the rubber washer in place,If anyone would like me to remove it and take some pictures then of course I will.
    Hope this helps save a few quid!

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No Wardy mate no lights just checked bar across inlet and still attached no crap or gunk condoms out. Had op-com on it and no faults must be egr valve

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Clean the EGR valve and see if it helps. Could be the turbo pressure sensor is clogged up with rubbish too? Might be worth giving that a clean!

If the inlet manifold had the swirl flap problem it wouldnt have the problem with the turbo not being there. Mine has literally just been fixed so once its home im giving the EGR valve a clean and a blanking plate!
    ----------------------------------------------
    2005 Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI [150] + DTUK Greenbox

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast