Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lifeshine

Love it or loath it?

Been offered this for my car but dont know whether it can back up the claims that they make. They guarantee the paintwork for the life of the car and you will never need to polish it again. Will be able to wash by chucking a bucket of water over the car...
    Are they for real?

Status
    North East RO
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Add Chewy. on Facebook
    lies all lies, its just a wax type product, yes it could be good to someone that will clean there car properly (as in detailing) but to the average punter who will just stick there car through a car wash then its just a money making scheme, if it were cheaper then yes also it could be worth it but for probably 200+ it honestly isint worth it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Autosmart Silverseal kit seems worth the £, had it applied to my Jetta and it repeatedly comes up great even doing 40k mils per year.
    Arden Blue Astra GSi Turbo owner
    gez1888@hotmail.com

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gez G View Post
    Autosmart Silverseal kit seems worth the £, had it applied to my Jetta and it repeatedly comes up great even doing 40k mils per year.
    Same sort of concept, and they're a load of utter tosh. No LSP will last a lifetime.

Proof's in the pudding as someone I worked with before had a very badly faded VXR that had lifeshine from the garage. My old VXR put his to shame when they were parked side by side.

If you're wanting to pay someone £200 to detail your car properly, there's plenty of proper detailers out there that will do a better job.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    pmd u mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    your way way better off just paying an ocd valeter to do the job.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lifeshine is a glorified bottle of autoglyms extra gloss protection which you can readily get from the likes of halfords for peanuts. None of the products last a lifetime but if used correctly can help hold the finish to a degree.
    I test run supagard last year for science sake and tbh, it held its own. Key is ion the prep work and how the product is applied. Main delaers will have some untrained monkey doing the application. If I were to do it the car would be meticulously prepped including clay some fine machine work then the sealant applied. The supgard test I did was actually tested over a few months washing with a strong shampoo and tfr mixture. It lasted 5 months in total with no fading / dulling, sheeted well and beaded ( sealants dont bead as well as waxes ) so as said, all in the prep so save your money and get a pro to sort the car if your wanting to get it done right and protected to its best.