Thread: bashing the tuners

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bashing the tuners

I dont really want to cause an issue with this but after having read a good few posts concerning different tuners and peoples opinions of them I see an unfairness about how these posts are dealt with...which I dont feel is particularly right.
    For example theres been numerous posts about regal being money grabbering shites and out for what they can get and basically having shite customer service which may or may not be true of course some will agree and some wont and you also get the windup merchants putting there 2 pence in.Its all very well but what seems strange to me is that not one of those threads were closed and they were just allowed to run and run even when people said the same thing over and over and werent anymore diplomatic than the smokinvxr posts about his disatisfaction with courtenay customer service today..
    But that got turned into a right slanging match and the thread was then closed down.. it def got a bit out of hand and probably in hindsight regretable things were said but i cant help feeling that it was coaxed into it by a defensive few that used niggling tactics to wind somebody up that was obviously frustrated..
    however I do agree smokinvxr may not have been the most diplomatic when voicing his opinions about this matter concerning courtenay but he should be allowed to say what he thinks if he is disatisfied as for one nobody seems to have a problem with the other tuners getting a bashing...and two its good to hear if people arent 100% happy with a companies policies.
    my ebay apexi air filter + adapter link:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm not trying to wind you up mate,

but is there any chance you can split that into paragraphs? It's hard to read as one big block.
    http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3132765
    Please Donate Generously

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He was whinging because he didin't get his way with Courtenays. Why the hell would they remove a small part from a larger item just to please him, if it meant that item was then unsaleable? They aren't a bloody charity

Classic case of a drama queen whining on the web IMO. It goes on far too often these days

BTW I'm not a fan of any of the main tuners, but I chose not to bleat, whinge and bicker about any of them publicly

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if someone has a valid point then theres no reason for a thread to be locked

if however a member makes accusations about a company that are untrue then yes it can be locked and should be locked

most however just get locked when personal attacks are made which is what smokinvxr did in "that" thread! both to Luke and myself....i aint even opened my PM from him and wont - dont need to!

In defence of my reply on his thread, to come on here or any forum for that matter and mouth off saying a company is disgusting and blah blah blah.... just cos they didnt stock an individual part is more than a little childish

as for previous threads, i cant comment unless i had them in front of me

at the end of the day though, this is a forum and the very nature of that is to speak our mind and give opinions on things.... When opinions verge on slander and go overboard , then mods need to step in

In the current thread, not only was it one sided it was slanderous, personal attacks were thrown, dummies were spat out and above all it was merely childish. nothing more nothing less

Makes no difference to me as I dont use any of the big tuners and doubt I will, but common sense must prevail and in this instance im glad to see it did.

Just my opinion however.... if u dont like it then thats your problem, fling a rage fuelled PM in my direction if you feel it necessary......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    And the point of this thread is ....

Fair enough, people are entitled to their opinion, yes, but the original thread was just an absolute joke. As Ffoeg said, its very unlikely any company, whether it be a car tuning company or not would split an item which is expensive and make it unsellable.

Its just common sense in all honesty.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a moderator on a Calibra forum and I would have done the same thing.

As said above, a forum is used for giving advice, experiences and opinions, whatever they may be.

Moderators won't lock threads because they don't agree with what is being said. They lock them when individuals spit their dummies out in such a way that the site will suffer if it is allowed to continue.

I don't see what the fuss is about really.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Am I reading this right, are we being accused of supporting Courtney?

If so that's a bloody first, we are usually attacked for being pro regal. In reality we are not pro any tuner that's why we don't have forums sponsored by them. Any thread of this nature is judged and acting upon individually, based on the comments made not the names being banned about within them.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i personally dont agree with people slagging tuners off at the drop of a hat be it courtenay, regal or whoever...
    from my perhaps warped perception it just appeard that the lad was pounced on in pack formation for mention courtenay in a bad way and being a bit frustrated. Im sure there was a better way for all to have acted.
    my ebay apexi air filter + adapter link:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cant see a problem with people posting their own experiences and for others to make their own mind up.

Asking a company to split a kit of parts that they dont sell in parts and getting the hump is just silly.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "being a bit frustrated" as you put it is one thing

slating a company (just happens to be a tuner in this case) with defamatory remarks is a totally different thing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast