Thread: Linea Rossa Project ICE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Linea Rossa Project ICE

I have decided to install a nice decent system to the Astra Cabby. I am not into the boom boom boy racer systems.

I just want a system that has a good quality sound to it without being over the top so I have bought this lot :-

The system will be :-

Apline IDA-X305S Head Unit with Radio and ipod input only, didn't see the point in getting a CD player these days.

The head unit will power the rear speakers directly.

Rears are Alpine R Series - SPR-17C 6.5" Rear Speakers

Alpine PDX-F4, 4 channel Amp will power the front speakers and the Sub.

Front Speakers are Alpine R-Series SPR-17S

The sub and box type has yet to be decided as the boot space is tight. I intend to fit an 8" sub in a box facing into the car through the Ski hatch (Which will be modified).

Steve from CCS will be taking the interior out in Feb/March for re-furb work so this will give me the opportunity to correctly layout all required cables under the carpets. I will also use dynamat where needed.

All being well it should sound good.

Any advice on install's in convertibles would be greatly appreciated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post

Any advice on install's in convertibles would be greatly appreciated.
    Not advice specifically for cabrio's but for any install. Get the wiring done right first time. Make sure it is neat and you lay it out neatly and secure it every 6 to 10 inches. Importantly you have bought some excellent spec and quality products so they deserve quality cabling (the lads at Car electronics will be able to sort some out for you if indeed they have not already).

Dynamat is a must although how much you use is down to you really, but If it was me I would do the whole lot (doors, floor, boot), after all the interior will be out so great time to get it all in.

Lastly take your time and if you are not happy do not compromise, stick with it till you get it right.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    Not advice specifically for cabrio's but for any install. Get the wiring done right first time. Make sure it is neat and you lay it out neatly and secure it every 6 to 10 inches. Importantly you have bought some excellent spec and quality products so they deserve quality cabling (the lads at Car electronics will be able to sort some out for you if indeed they have not already).

Dynamat is a must although how much you use is down to you really, but If it was me I would do the whole lot (doors, floor, boot), after all the interior will be out so great time to get it all in.

Lastly take your time and if you are not happy do not compromise, stick with it till you get it right.
    Thanks Basil, Lee at Car Electronics has looked after me. I intend to spend as much time as needed to get all the cabling in first time and correctly.

Thanks for the input.