Thread: Both reserving bulbs not lighting

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both reserving bulbs not lighting

Both the reserving bulbs are not lighting on an Astra Coupe 2.2 year 02. I have not checked the bulbs yet, but presume as both have failed it's something else. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be.

Also how do you gain access to the rear bulb cluster? I pulled the plastic trim away, but could not see how you gained access to the bulbs. On previous Vauxhalls it always just pulled away with clips, but the cluster appeared in front of metal.

Many thanks
    Jason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At a guess if both have failed at the same time it will be your reversing light sensor on the gearbox rather than the bulbs. Gotta admit never looked at a coupe rear lights so cant answer that.

Nige

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To remove the tail lights just undo the 2 nuts that hold them in place and disconnect the harness. then to access bulbs just undo the plastic holder. it should take all of 20 seconds to do.

I'd say it is highly likely that it is the reverse light switch that has gone though.
    Replacement is easy. (I presume yours is a manual?).
    Take off passanger side wheel, undo cable to switch, undo the old switch (18mm spanner iirc) and reverse process for putting in new one.
    Part # 90 482 454
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - Star light roof lining - 888 wheels - lowered - ice - exhaust - quite a few other little things.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks for advice, I had already picked up an old thread on MigWeb saying the same about gearbox reserve sensor, yes it's manual. Cheers however for the part #, plus explaining how to remove rear light cover.

But yes i'll check the gearbox switch. I'll post back when it's fixed.

Cheers for your help.
    Jason