Thread: My 1st Ever Astra..

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 1st Ever Astra..

So as the title says, this is the first Astra i have owned (Previously little saxo/ 106/ VTR) & i got it on the cheap. I need a 5 door car as my girlfriend is expecting our 2nd child and i thought this would be perfect for us both

Heres a few pictures of before i bought it, well the pics the lad took to sell it..

And this is the picture under the bonnet as i bought it..

But since them pictures he'd been in a bump, so he dropped the price and i picked it up for £500, but tbh it needed canny bit work.

Subframe was mangled and front drivers side alloy is goosed, cant be repaired according to S.E.M. (Hence im after a cheap set of standard alloys for now)

Need a new set of headlights as they are cracked and the bumper repairing. (Been quoted £80 to bodge and spray it)

I will be updating this, but it could take a while with the MoT just around the corner...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just gave the car a proper wash and polish, cant wait to get a bit money together (Its a bugger having to work week in hand after holidays) then 1st thing is to get some alloys!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the base plates have finally came for my new M3 mirrors, fitted them today. Happy that i now have 2 working mirrors, but will need to whip them back off soon to get them sprayed the same as the car!

Next Steps:

• SXI Alloys
    • Bumper Repairs
    • Aero Wipers
    • Insignia Washers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, hopefully im picking up a new set of standard 16" 6 stud alloys tomorrow, and headlights.

Really not looking forward to how to fit the headlights, would love some help from someone in the North East (Ill through in a bit money for the help )

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got my alloys, taken from a 1.6 Astra Sport. Disappointed they are only 15", but they will do to get me throught he MOT till i get a bit money for a better set.

Will have a good clean again this weekend then get some pictures on!

Didnt pick up the headlights, neither i or the guy had a clue how to go about taking the bumper etc off...

Thanks

Also, ive ordered my Aero Wipers & Insignia washer jets!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to say, car got through its MOT, gonna give it a good clean up on Saturday and get around to fitting the Insignia Washer Jets that arrived today.

Ive also fitted my Aero Wipers that arrived a few days back, difference is immense imo..

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So then, since last update i have got a new set of alloys (Standard Astra Sport) DeBadged the rear and fitted the Insignia Washers.

2 Quick pics i took with my phone.

Next things im after are the new headlights and front bumper,
    hopefully in the next 2/3 weeks. When looking for the colour code for a match to get the bumper sprayed,
    i used the Paint Code page on the forum, and it didn't show mine up,
    but on searching i have found that its Magma Red, if any1 can confirm this id be grateful.

And also still having the problem with the mist in the car, this is how bad it can get in 5 minutes sometimes?

More to come soon!