Thread: De catting ??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

De catting ??

Hi guys, what are peoples views or experiences with de cats on the gsi turbo, I am thinking of getting it done soon but am in decisive of what route to take!

Is it best to jus take one of the cats out, if so which one to people recommend seeing the best results from?

Is the noise much different after taking the cat out I already have a non resonated Miltek cat back on it.

Any help much appreciated

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a decat in my car and it is a little bit louder and pops more, the engine management light has come on obviously due to having no cat but apart from that everything is good. The standard cat is very restrictive so taking it out should improve power

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On my gsi i have removed the first cat & got milltek sports cat for the second one & non resonated cat back milltek & got no engine light & isnt very loud at all, sounds awesome under boost tho.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ur best off getting ur precat done first mate u can buy precat decat pipes off ebay, this is a good mod and if ur gonna remove one of them then this is the one to do!

as for the main cat ive left mine in place and the car is still like shit off a shovel! so im leaving it where it is. u will still pass MOT if u remove the precat but obviously u will not pass if u remove both of them, so ull either need a sleeved pipe so u can swap them back over on MOT or a sports cat which will cost u some monies and i personally dont think its worth it but others seem to like them.
    !Astra Coupe Turbo!
    243bhp and 334ft/lbs!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys I'm swaying more to getting the precat pipe removed I am just worried about how complex they are to fit? I am also looking to get the car mapped after just unsure where to get it done and how much

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some people have fully decat think and have had no problems with the engine management light coming on, am guessing its because of the lamba sensors reading too rich? Im sure someone said you could put a couple of washers in them to pull them out abit and sometimes cures it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah ive heard that about the washers too.

Matt on my coupe i had to get an exhaust place to weld my precat decat in place. But i think on the gsi its flanged(bolted) on but it may be a bit fiddley to fit without a ramp.

U might wanna get urself a front mount intercooler before the map mate to get the most out ur car. I went to red dot near london for my map and they where spot on!!
    !Astra Coupe Turbo!
    243bhp and 334ft/lbs!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ye I wanna de cat it just don't want the running problems lol and I have been looking at fmic just bit put off by the price at the moment but think it will be more benificial just wanna hit the 240ish bhp mark

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine is decatted, but passes mot on idle and fast idle due to omex!!
    Was a 1.8 now a Z20LET! Driveway built astra. OMEX 600. GT2871R. 421bhp 390ftlb

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartdls View Post
    mine is decatted, but passes mot on idle and fast idle due to omex!!
    so as long as the emissions are good you don't actually need a cat in place??(i thought it had too have a cat on the vehicle regaurdless)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast