Thread: help plz

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help plz

i have a 05 vauxhaul vectra 1.9 cdti 120bhp and diesel is finding its way into the engine oil. since i bought it nearly 3 years ago it has at regular 1000 miles intervals gone through periods of blowing out white smoke out of the exhaust, i have combatted this by turning off the engine and then restarting engine or by taking it onto the moyorway and doing 70 mph(4000rpm) for about 5-10 mins until the flashing glow plug disappears from the dashboard display.the smoking does 9 times out of ten coincide with the flashing glow plug light.once i have done this it is ok for another 1000 miles (approx). last year i had a new actuator fitted and recently have had to have it all cleaned out along with the inlet manifold and egr valve.my mechanic has blocked off the egr valve and now the 1000 miles interval has become worse. can anyone help me out please please.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hi there and welcome to the forum. hopefully somebody will have helpful info for you

hey I don't know about DPF's, but I think I read just recently that the flashing glow plug light indicates the diesel particulate filter needs to do its thing and flying down the motorway is just the sort of thing it needs to go through its regen cycle to burn off accumulated crap. try looking up info on the DPF...

Is diesel really finding its way into the engine oil? Tell us more. I'm curious what makes you say that? What does the engine oil look like? Is the oil level increasing significantly?

Cheers, Paul

p.s. I was just reading on the VxON forum that one really shouldn't blank off the EGR valve on the 1.9L cdti engine. Blanking off the older entirely mechanical type EGR valve on older diesel engines is simple enough but its more complicated on modern diesel engines.

p.p.s. maybe consider cleaning and "unblanking" your EGR valve. take a look at the sticky on EGR cleaning http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=145193