Thread: Photo request & query regarding tints (window)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Photo request & query regarding tints (window)

I've seen it all out black, but that's illegal & not what i'm looking to do.

Pic request: anyone with a BLACK mk4 FIVE door, could you post up a photo of your tinted windows please?

Query:

1. What's it like living with them? More to the point, what's it like reverse parking at night with them?

2. What would be a "fair price" to pay for the rear window & 2 rear doors to be tinted?

Just an idea i'm toying with at the moment.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on my website (www.blackoutwindowtinting.co.uk), got a black mk6 i tinted, and a black 3 door mk4, mite give you wee bit of an idea of what youd like, the tints you can still see out well, limo black (darkest tint) can be awkward at nite if for example, reversing and no streetlights etc, price wise i charge 170 for the rear windows, 220 for the full car (5 door astra) but some people cheaper, some more expensive, if someone offers you really cheap job, please do avoid!!! if they do it mega cheap they using really crap film, and quality will most likely be terrible

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tip & links mate.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no problem bud

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right, i have no pics but i did have a 5dr mk4 with tints to all windows.

Had limo on rear, limo back doors and small windows, light smoke on front windows and a limo sunstrip. People say you cannot see out of it, i could see perfectly fine. i had a sunroof which let a little light in. Never got any hassle from the law.

I found that if you fit wind deflectors to the front, they make the light smoked windows less noticeable due to the limo tint deflectors (a wee tip with regards to the police and getting pulled)

Get it done, will never look back. i paid £220 for the whole car, that was a good 4-5 years ago.
    GSi....boosting a' ower yer honda CTR, Vtec this!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had them done on my last car. Reversing at night was a little orkward at first, But you soon get used to it.

I had the rears tinted a medium smoke and the fronts done very slightly (On the first pic they don't look too dark, On the second you can see the difference.

Living with them isn't too bad. A bonus I noticed was that they didn't mist up as much. When you are cleaning them just use a really soft cloth with a little soapy water and they come up great.

I used this company http://www.tintwizard.co.uk/ and I will highly reccomend them. they did the whole car in a day and didn't leave any mess at all and did a fantastic job. Even got rid of the white marks you get around the edge of the window on some cars.

Price wise, I think (Off the top of my head) It was £150 for the rears and £180 for the rear 3 and the front two.

Thinking of having mine done on the Astra soon, Just going for a light smoke all around this time.
    Causing Madness & Destruction Since 1987!
    See what I did with my Astra on the link below!