Thread: Tyre pressure

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tyre pressure

205/50/16 on 1.6xep 3dr Astra g hatch 32/28 or 29/26 seems to be a diff in the manuals

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to run 32psi all around with no problems.
    Causing Madness & Destruction Since 1987!
    See what I did with my Astra on the link below!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andybon View Post
    I used to run 32psi all around with no problems.
    what is the book, 32/28 or 29/26 as it's a bit inconclusive for the 1.6 xep engined models, the one at 29/26 has (m+s)2 beside it and I have no idea what this means.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Reason I ask is that I have found a load and inflation table for calculating european tyre pressures when you are upsizing wheels, but you need to know the factory settings for psi and load index so you can re calculate your tyre pressures, link provided below.

http://toyotires.com/tire-care-safet...flation-tables

scroll down to 2 last pages on the .pdf, thats all thats needed for euro tyre sizes, just use your original psi and load index find the weights then take the new load index to either the same or just above the oem weight and it will give you the psi i.e 87 load index tyre will have a max load of 959lbs if changed to an 84 load index the nearest is 981lbs and is 36 psi

moderators think this might be good for a sticky as there is a lot of people asking about this subject and its an easy fix if you know original settings, I reckon it will also save money on worn rubber and poss lives from preventing tyre failure.

by the way I'm not anal aboot this just happened to stumble across it when i noticed severe mpg issues after putting 18's on

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think this needs to be set as a sticky! Like Andy I run 32PSI all round and haven't had any problems
    Project Club|HERE|COMMENTS|

Project Skyline|NOW HERE|

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok bud But I would rather have the right pressure for safety,fuel economy and uneven tyre wear, I carry children in the car and my new wheels are an 84 load index rather than a 87 oem which means a 32/28 converts to a 36/31 and to be honest I would not like to run any tyre 4 psi under the factory settings and would consider it dangerous especially on a trip, but each to there own.

Just thought it would help all the confusion around tyre pressures especially as it's in black and white if you have the original factory specs to hand, a matter which I am currently trying to resolve for myself LOL

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to add if vauxhall have put out your car with a 205/50/16 87 v with the tyre pressures at 32 front and 28 rear then they have used the european weight guide that I have provided a link too to make sure that the tyre pressure are able to carry the car's weight, so it only makes sense to use the same guide if changing they tyre's size to a 215/35/18 84 y please feel free to disagree I'm only trying to help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    But your NOT anal about it? lol. O....K.

3 threads.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ............wow

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOL just want to put the right pressures in 4 sets of tyres 60k not expectable in my humble according to quick ref for astra orig psi is 29/26 but it contradicts itself in handbook saying 32/28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast