Thread: products for use with rotary

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

products for use with rotary

hi im going to buy one of the silverline rotarys but im unsure of what bits and bobs to buy with it.im going to be using on a star silver mk4 astra.can anyone advise me in what to buy?cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Buy a dodo juice spin doctor £99

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Farecla G3 cutting compound/3m fast cut plus compound, 3m perfect it compounding pad, 3m fine/extra fine compound, 3m perfect it foam polishing pad

(and no i don't work for 3M just what we use in the bodyshop for best results)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    G3 is far too aggressive for soft vauxhall paint. As a matter of fact, I would use it if I was given it for free. For Vauxhall paint I always use 3M Extra Fine Compound followed by 3M Ultrafina with Lake Country CCS Pads, but will be going over to Chemical Guys Hexlogic pads soon.

After machining i like to give the car a wipe down with a Paint Cleanser (Zym0l HD Cleanse being a personal weapon of choice) then finish with the LSP.

Before machining, ensure the paint is throughly cleaned, clayed and dried and mask off any vulnerable areas such as plastic trim.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Preference on pads now for me has to be 3M.
    If you can get them, the black pads are great, yellow and blue. Polish wise I swear by scholl S17+ as you can cut/polish and refine just with the swap of a pad. Sometimes it needs a little tweek so a finishing pad with scholl S40 does the trick or use dodo juice lime prime and your ready for wax/sealant ( some sealants wont adhere to lime prime so jetseal or poorboys exp are good choices )
    I still use farecla G3 on bad defects but its not one to use on every car. If it is used on every car and not refined propely then the car will look utter gash. Most main dealership valeters and bodyshops use this so the finish is never any good anyway just full of holgrams, buffer trails and swirl markings ( keeps me in a job though lol ).