Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we in danger of becoming a PC Crazy Society??

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are we in danger of becoming a PC Crazy Society??

I have been thinking about this for some time (as sad as I am).. I have been thinking about how PC crazy society has become, and it seems to be getting worse.

Watching Top Gear on Tuesday night, it seemed to be a good show, car reviews with the general banter and comedic sketches thrown in for good measure (Not to everyones tastes I know). However, the sketch that had Jeremy, James and Richard performing a mock drive by shooting of the Stig for points, has caused some pockets of society to complain about it's unsuitablility (not for promoting gun crime as it could be deemed I might add) but because they were shooting at The Stig who was seem as a bit of a cult hero.

TV programmes, Literature, freedom of speech etc, all seems to be over analysed nowadays for any slightest thing that may appear sexist, racist, provocative or even inciteful, to the point where we are continually being told what seems to be appropriate behaviour from what is not.

Does it seem to some of you that things are really beginning to snowball out of control?.. Civil liberties seem to be a thing of the past.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying people should be able to say and do whatever the hell they like with being held accountable for over stepping the mark etc, but where does this all end?

What do you think?
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We're not in danager of becoming a PC Crazy Society we already are.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    +1 Joe.

Have been for a long time.

Status
    Bit busy... be back soon!
    Drives
    Astra Coupe 2.2
    Mentioned in
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Follow AndyH On Twitter Add AndyH on Facebook Add AndyH on Google+
    Begnning to snowball?? Things have been out of control for a long time now on the PC front... I for one am sick of being told what is right, what is wrong, and what is allowed. I'm 39 years old and don't like being treated like a child.

And then at the other end of the spectrum is for want of a better description, "the chav culture" that thinks it's ok to just do what you like and have absolutely no respect for anyone or anything. It must be an interesting contrast to to anyone looking at it all from an outside perspective... almost like one culture is feeding the other. Normality (i.e. us) is probably somewhere in the middle
    Actively proving that post counts mean jack sh*t since 1971

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I guess you are right Andy and Joe.... but when I say snow balling, it seems to be forever getting worse. It doesn't seem to be slowing down, soon everything will be completely censored. I remember growing up in the 80's being able to go out and play. Climbing things and undertaking boisterous behaviour, but always having respect for other peoples things, as well as the Older generation. You could go out and play without being wrapped in cotton wool... Things like this are well and truly a thing of the past it would seem.
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's just the way people are these days. Example would be my facebook newsfeed. People would rather complain about there heating being broke for 2/3 days n be cold, rather than go to a shop n buy a £30 heater.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joemailey View Post
    It's just the way people are these days. Example would be my facebook newsfeed. People would rather complain about there heating being broke for 2/3 days n be cold, rather than go to a shop n buy a £30 heater.
    So so true..... Made me laugh reading that though..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We are already there. We are already too far across the line.

About 4 years ago, a friend who works for the local council told me they cannot ask for black or white coffee, it is with or without milk. I knew then, that we were doomed.
    I've paid and displayed...
    Have you joined AOC?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mr stush lol, funny name

agree with you completely

the ofcom tossers need to be sacked aswell

but its all the sad people that ring up and complain about a nipple showing or clarkson saying penis on TV

so what lol
    G t c

soon!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    freedom of speech - what is that? lol

Its all bollocks TBH, and way out of control

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast