Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: sports cat!!

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    blighty88's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    sports cat!!

    hi guys the misses has just ordered my exhaust system for xmas i got the cobra sport cat back system with the 3.5" tail pipe im now after a sports cat any 1 no where i can get 1 to fit with the cobra system, its astra sri mk4 1.8 thanx in advance

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    scoop987's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The cat on these are in the manifold and require either:

    A) a new manifold and cut the old cat out

    B)Modify the one on the car.

    No easy way to do it on the N/A models. However, Miltek do one for about £250 IIRC.

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    blighty88's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop987 View Post
    The cat on these are in the manifold and require either:

    A) a new manifold and cut the old cat out

    B)Modify the one on the car.

    No easy way to do it on the N/A models. However, Miltek do one for about £250 IIRC.
    thats a pain was hoping to get a manifold to but just seems to much hassle lol ive seen 1 of those manifolds with the cat on lmf but its 800 might just stick with the cat back thanx 4 the help bud

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    scoop987's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome, Every N/A car i've seen has the cat and manifold as one, I guess it is possible to do if you know what you're doing. Im considering it, but will need to find a manifold first as im not all that keen on ripping mine up and it goes balls up

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    blighty88's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop987 View Post
    Welcome, Every N/A car i've seen has the cat and manifold as one, I guess it is possible to do if you know what you're doing. Im considering it, but will need to find a manifold first as im not all that keen on ripping mine up and it goes balls up
    yeah thats what i was thinking buyin the parts and making it up that way my uncle is welder so shouldnt be to much of a prob, i just like things simple lol

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    scoop987's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im a little less enthusiastic about this idea now,

    £260 + VAT

    http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Pr...hicleID=141401

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    blighty88's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop987 View Post
    Im a little less enthusiastic about this idea now,

    £260 + VAT

    http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Pr...hicleID=141401
    yeah mate that dont look good, what about a 4 branch manifold cut the standard cat off and weld it on u reckon power gains would be good?

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    scoop987's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    (That link above is for a Z16XEP engine, not your Z18XE)

    You'd get somewhere around 5-8 BHP increase with the cat alone. But just remember, if you're going to do that, make the intake less restrictive

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    blighty88's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop987 View Post
    (That link above is for a Z16XEP engine, not your Z18XE)

    You'd get somewhere around 5-8 BHP increase with the cat alone. But just remember, if you're going to do that, make the intake less restrictive
    yeah thats not to bad, my aim is really to get around the 200bhp mark ive got the viper induction kit got the exhuats system on order then gunna put in for remap should get me half way there, u know anything else i could get to get me 2 that mark???

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    2198CC's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blighty88 View Post
    yeah thats not to bad, my aim is really to get around the 200bhp mark ive got the viper induction kit got the exhuats system on order then gunna put in for remap should get me half way there, u know anything else i could get to get me 2 that mark???
    Hope you have got a big wallet!
    The road to 200bhp is expensive with n/a engines

    What have you done so far?
    what are your future plans?

    Have you gone to a rolling road to see what your current set up is making?
    Astra Z22SE 200.8 Bhp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What Sports Cat??
    By ClarkySri-T in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 28-11-2008, 13:38
  2. sports Cat
    By r hollister in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-11-2008, 20:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •