Thread: My astra is 10 today and oh how it has changed since Ive had it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My astra is 10 today and oh how it has changed since Ive had it

Today is the 10th birthday of my astra. It was registered in november sometime but according to the original recipt for it, the first day it was driven on a public road was today . Ive had it now since september 2006 in which time its come a fairly long way.

This is on the day I bought it

Soon had the wheels done black and lowered a bit more

Just after that the timing belt snapped. I had that fixed (well before the days of me doing things myself) and then 3 weeks later blew the engine up. Roll on engine number 2

Not much happened for a while. I messed about with various bits and bobs and then came the workd renound pikey inlet manifold and exhaust manifold in late 2008/ early 2009.

That took power to a happy 132bhp. After this some extra bits of prettyness were added. The extra pikey headlight hole amongst others,

Then it came the time of the equally as legendary 4 and a half stud conversion .

I then had another slight problem. Just after the bad snow of 2009 the gearbox shat itself and blew up everywhere. This was the final push I needed to pull my finger out and turbo the ****er

So off I went down to liverpool to see turbo chris (top man) in a shady 106 which would be our van for the day

This is what a 106 boot looks like with 220kg of ZLET and ancillaries in the boot. Somehow it went in and the car moved so home we came and started getting ready for conversion time

The next day it was out with the old;

And 3 days later it was in with the new (all be it another 2 weeks before all the interior was sorted and everything electrical worked again)

I even got round to fitting matching wheels after a not so legitimate tansaction landed me a complete rear beam for £10

All went well for a little while until turbo one went pop. Oh well, good excuse for a VXR one;

poorly turbo

the socket I found inside of it probably didnt help much

And a couple of hours later the new one was in the mixer

And thats pretty much how it stands now. In the last year its gained over 100bhp so heres to next year and more to come
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you can get an extra 100bhp every year i'll be impressed

this is one of my fav cars/builds on aoc, top work fella the best reason to say 'built not bought'

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Power of work mate and a great looking car, you should be proud well done

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks great fella

i love the induction hose in the headlight, looks wicked
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    doesnt that intake in the headlights remove the sidelight and high beam? is that legal?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as ever steve impressed with your progress im still at the not so pikey dbilas manifold stage at the moment looking to get my exhaust manifold on next year

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Aren't you the one with the orange grille on a pissed up night?

Anyway:

* Are they Mondeo side repeaters? Either way, how do you fit them? Straight swap?
    * Where did you get them plates from, how much they cost & more importantly, are they legal?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chhers for the good comments people. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by PLAGUE91 View Post
    doesnt that intake in the headlights remove the sidelight and high beam? is that legal?
    It removes the main beam and the sidelight sort of went in so technically illegal. I didnt get caught with it so all was well lol. It will be going back in when the winter goes. It sucks far too much shite up in the cold so the angel eyes are back in for now

Quote Originally Posted by crimbo14 View Post
    as ever steve impressed with your progress im still at the not so pikey dbilas manifold stage at the moment looking to get my exhaust manifold on next year
    Haha, nice to see someone does things properly. Good luck with it mate, its worth it once its done. Plus your proper one will be much tidier than my one man and a shed job

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    Aren't you the one with the orange grille on a pissed up night?

Anyway:

* Are they Mondeo side repeaters? Either way, how do you fit them? Straight swap?
    * Where did you get them plates from, how much they cost & more importantly, are they legal?
    Yeah, I cant find a pic of the orange grille or Id post it up. The side repeaters are off a focus. Not sure on the fitting though as they were on the car when I got it. They are too well stuck on to take off and have a look at

The plates I got off ebay. They are german font so entirely illegal. Think they were 30 quid delivered.
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Bugger. I've always liked the plates you had & was interested.

But i'm not after gaining attention off the law.