Thread: automatic gearbox ecu is dead

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

automatic gearbox ecu is dead

ive had my gearbox tested the other day and they could not test is due to low voltage got told main reason for this is linked to the ecu being broken few people are tellin me buying and fitting a second hand one may not work and new ones are CRAZY money and do the numbers have exactly match the ones ive got? plz give us a clue cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I would check ALL the autobox wiring plugs see if there is any corrosion,
    this will give crazy voltages ,
    What is actually happening with the gearbox then ? , If in the end the ECU is fried you can get it repaired for a fraction of the cost for a new one , and you will know you have the right one ,
    and the secondhand route is hit and miss , but I've not come across an auto box with a dead ECU yet ,
    so the chances of coming across a dead g/box ECU in a breakers is more on the slim side I would of thought

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the gearbox is in limbo mode and when we took it to get tested for faults he said he could not read any due to there been no power goin to the gearbox and he aimed it at the ecu been broken but im unsure were to start do i get ecu checked or do i get the cars wireing checked thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well like I said you can check the wiring plugs on the gearbox yourself not hard to do and may save you a few quid ,
    This has got to be the first place to start , I find it amusing that the garage didn't bother checking ,
    once you've checked the wiring plugs then get the circuit tested , if nothings found then onto the ECU

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just thought that i dont get any thing from the sport light is it right that this what flashes when errors arize had many plugs in bits today nothing stands out there the snow button switch is constantly lit and the sport button is not thanks very much for your info so far

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi the sport light bulb maybe out I'm not to sure if it flashes when an error occurs ,
    Now the snowflake button light staying constantly on would suggest to me that's where the fault is , The auto box will be in third gear constantly NOT in limp mode ,in which case you won't be able to select sports mode ,
    You maybe lucky here and the snowflake button may stuffed , You could try just unplugging the snowflake button (that unplugs underneath the gearshift ) and see if that will take it out of third gear/snow mode

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my Astra seems to be stuck in ICE MODE (snowflake button constantly on) and it pulls away in 2nd gear . I have unplugged it and it is still the same . You can select 1st gear so I know its not a mechanical problem , Any Ideas ??