Thread: Dhl

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dhl

Ok here we go. I believe this thread should be accompanied by Elvis Presley's song; Return to sender...

So I've bought a new interior for my Coupe. The seller had wrapped everything in plastic and placed it on a pallet.

I got a quote on Transglobal Express of £250 to get the pallet shipped to Norway by DHL after typing in the dimensions and weight, specifying that it was a heavy pallet.
    I then booked DHL to pick up the pallet Thursday, 25 November 2010. I got my airway bill and forwarded it to my contact in the UK who had to take a whole day off work in order to be available when DHL was coming to pick the parcel up.

DHL eventually came, but the car the came with was too small. I didn't have a tail lift nor a fork lift - even when I specified it was required!
    The pallet was eventually picked up on Monday, 29 November. I got a tracking number that showed my item description, order number from Transglobal and the sender's address.
    Everything was well, I tracked it and it went from England to the Netherlands and into Germany - where eventually took the wrong turn!

The package got delivered to some guy in Germany. I also noticed that the weight of the package when it got delivered - it wasn't my pallet as it only weighed 10 kgs.

I emailed Transglobal who then spoke to DHL for me.
    [...] Your package is being returned to [the sender] at the collection point- according to DHL he didn’t provide the necessary invoices which were needed to be sent to Norway which is why it has been returned.

The actual JD reference was JD000[tracking number], and was kept at the London Sorting facility as it had no invoices to go to Norway, has been returned to collection to [the sender].
    I told Transglobal that my contact had sent all the papers and that I could track another package with my parts of my information on it.

DHL was going return the pallet to the sender so I gave them a few days, but still no word from them. Transglobal called my contact and he hadn't received anything by then.
    Transglobal contacted DHL yet again - and they still haven't found the pallet!. So Transglobal have set a deadline for DHL this upcoming Monday for them to check with the depots to find the pallet.
    What happens after that I don't know. I'll just have to wait and take it from there.

I emailed Transglobal asked if they could rebook a pickup with TNT Economy Express instead.

Hi Ole,

As soon as I hear back from DHL and they have located the parcel I will happily rebook with TNT if thats what you would like to do.

I understand your frustration with this shipment and I sincerely apologise on DHL`s behalf- this is not how they normally operate!

[...]
    I have said to them its not good enough and we need the parcel finding..they are in over the weekend so I have said I will not be happy if there is still no response by monday.
    My contact though still needs to take another 2 days off work in order to receive and send the pallet again. That's a total of 4 days without pay and I feel sorry for him :/

I really don't know what more to write right now... Hopefully I'll receive the interior within the new year?

Click here if you cannot see the above video...
    Daily driver: =The Linea Oro - Gold Line Coupe=
    Summer drive: '05 Speedster Turbo - Build number 4798
    Got a turbo in my life - now I'm broke

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    This going by air or road?
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's going by road mate...
    Daily driver: =The Linea Oro - Gold Line Coupe=
    Summer drive: '05 Speedster Turbo - Build number 4798
    Got a turbo in my life - now I'm broke

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Cool its YoDel DHL and not DHL Express then Sorry I work for DHL Express thats all and there's no way any of our places can lose a pallet
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha dave i work for Global Forwarding it might be DHL Freight, there just as useless, we get phone calls for them all the time about people without packages!
    http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3132765
    Please Donate Generously