Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should i swap my vrs for a coupe turbo?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

should i swap my vrs for a coupe turbo?

hello everyone.1st post here so big hello,been toying with the idea of a turbo astra for a while,i currently drive a 03 octavia vrs running 230hp,had it up for sale for a while and have recently been offered a 02 coupe turbo running 285hp,95k all work by regal.i need some advice on what to look for am i likely to be looking at a endless moneypit or should i take the plunge?????????

any advice appreciated

thanks phil

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    95k is maybe a tad high, but if it's been looked after, regularly serviced, had the cambelt & water pump done, warmed up and cooled down correctly, then i'd consider it. On the whole they are very good cars to own, yeah so sometimes they use a bit of oil, but are usually trouble free.

May be a good idea to ring up Regal, quote them the number plate and see what they have on record and what advisories they have given in the past.
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think your vrs will be worth more mate and probably faster due to weight. Just a guess. I'd have a vrs over a coupe myself.
    *** 2003 GSi - DROPPED 40MM - FULL SCORPION SYSTEM -PIPER PANEL FILTER - FORGE DUMP VALVE - FROUNT MOUNT INTERCOOLER - STAGE 2 MAP - VXR TURBO - RUNNING 260BHP ***

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    285bhp is likely to be phase 3 or maybe 3.5, these seem to go for around £3.5k with that mileage
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Difficult one to call for me... Depends on what you are after from a car. I don't think there would be much in it with the weight. I would say Octavias are similar in weight to Coupes. If it was the Fabia then fair enough. I wouldv'e thought being part of the VAG group that the Octavias would have a good build quality and be reliable. Saying that if looked after Vauxy's can be decent cars to own and with 285bhp there would be plenty of power to keep you happy.

Decisions decisions....
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Difficult choice; both excellent cars. Coupe is alot different though; no big boot for starters and the delivery will be different having driven a 250bhp vRS I find them easy cars to drive fast

Never driven a Coupe Turbo though

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My bad. Didn't read properly. Thought he had a fabia.
    *** 2003 GSi - DROPPED 40MM - FULL SCORPION SYSTEM -PIPER PANEL FILTER - FORGE DUMP VALVE - FROUNT MOUNT INTERCOOLER - STAGE 2 MAP - VXR TURBO - RUNNING 260BHP ***

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSI _F1N View Post
    My bad. Didn't read properly. Thought he had a fabia.
    Fin, I nearly did the same... Some people think VRS and assume Fabia..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just what i did. Doh!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStush View Post
    I wouldv'e thought being part of the VAG group that the Octavias would have a good build quality and be reliable.
    If my Seat Leon was anything to go by that is a myth as my Fiat Punto had better build quallity!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast