Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra mk6 accessories help.

Hi,

Im thinking of buying a new astra shortly but would like some help from those of you who already have one.

1. Does flexride make any difference? As its an extra £770 I think.

2. Does the cd500 have any advantages over normal one? All i need is an aux connection for my phone to use sat nav and music but not sure if standard has aux connection??

3. Does anybody have the vxr sports pack (£1500) and 18inch alloys and lowered suspension (£300) as to if it looks better or worse than standard.

4. I want the 1.4 turbo engine, any views on it and is there much difference between sri and elite models?

Just dont want to waste £3000-£4000 on extras that are pointless.

Thanks for any help, sorry for all the questions.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome and have answered your questions below:

1. Does flexride make any difference? As its an extra £770 I think.

Don't have this so can't really comment. However I went for the AFL option which is about the same money. Well worth getting !!

2. Does the cd500 have any advantages over normal one? All i need is an aux connection for my phone to use sat nav and music but not sure if standard has aux connection??

There is an auxiliary input as standard. USB connection is a separate option but if you order the CD500 (sat nav) it is included

3. Does anybody have the vxr sports pack (£1500) and 18inch alloys and lowered suspension (£300) as to if it looks better or worse than standard.

I went for 18" wheel option on my Elite. This included sports suspension. Looks a lot better than the standard 17"s which look too small for the car.

4. I want the 1.4 turbo engine, any views on it and is there much difference between sri and elite models?

I have the 1.4T. Cracking engine. Very smooth and quiet and has got some oomph when you need it. I went for the Elite as it has leather, heated seats, dual climate and folding mirrors. Spec these up on the lesser models and they end up more than the Elite

Hope this helps
    Astra J 1.4 Turbo Elite In Olympic White- AFL, Bluetooth, 18" alloys, Towing Pack

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah the lights pack is £770 and if it has aux input as standard then id probably forget the cd500 as the sat nav doesnt have speed cameras etc on and if the system is anything like tomtom they utter dog sh*t but my phone is reliable and has speed cameras.

Would get the alloys also and does anyone have the infinite sound pack? Wondering whether much different than standard.

Still undecided on the vxr styling pack as very expensive at 1.5k haha.

My vip quote at the moment was 22,500 but think i need trim that down a bit.

Does the power red look nice as thats free? And do vauxhall offer 5 year pay monthly or just 3?

Thanks for the help.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The flexride is very nice. You get a much stiffer suspension when cornering, but not to hard for bumps. You also get the sport button so you will have better trottle responce ++. Tha AFL package is also very nice. Its allmost daytime light on full beam.
    Soon it will come aftermarked connectors for the stereo so you can install a sub. Im going to do that instead of the infinity pack.
    The red colour is also very nice. For me it looks like the older magma red colour uses on Astra mk4 and 5.
    Excuse me, I'm Norwegian..

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth_mattey View Post
    Yeah the lights pack is £770 and if it has aux input as standard then id probably forget the cd500 as the sat nav doesnt have speed cameras etc on and if the system is anything like tomtom they utter dog sh*t but my phone is reliable and has speed cameras.

Would get the alloys also and does anyone have the infinite sound pack? Wondering whether much different than standard.

Still undecided on the vxr styling pack as very expensive at 1.5k haha.

My vip quote at the moment was 22,500 but think i need trim that down a bit.

Does the power red look nice as thats free? And do vauxhall offer 5 year pay monthly or just 3?

Thanks for the help.
    With the CD500 the books states it has better speakers fitted than the standard unit. Not sure if that is the case or not. It doesn't have speed camera detection but I find it better then the phone sat nav I was using in the past. Automatically fades the muisc when directions are been given. Also does have traffic detection. Plus you get the colour display which finishes the interior off.

The dealler I used had different payment packages available. Anything from full payment to 1 year - 5 years.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah well may consider the cd500. Has anyone had the normal 1.4i engine? My insurance quoted me £4000 for the turbo as insurance group 9 but normal 1.4i only 4, not sure about 1.6 insurance group. Its because the astra would only be my 2nd car ive owned.

Thanks

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    if you get a price for the model you having and ring the vauxhall dealership i work for they will promise to match the price but most cases beat the price!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats good, is it in newport or cardiff? Im often in the area as have family in penarth. Im undecided at the moment, turbo too much on insurance but heard the normal 1.4i struggles and feels more like 1.2. 1.6i is available on the elite and not too bad on insurance, better than the turbo even though bigger engine but ive decided on the accessories.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats good, is it in newport or cardiff? Im often in the area as have family in penarth. Im undecided at the moment, turbo too much on insurance but heard the normal 1.4i struggles and feels more like 1.2. 1.6i is available on the elite and not too bad on insurance, better than the turbo even though bigger engine but ive decided on the accessories.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I picked up the GTC SRi 1.6 in power red (with Guard-X), standard 18" but with VXR spoiler option, on 5yrs 0% APR from FRF in Bridgend.

I love the USB socket - a thumbnail-sized 16GB stick holds virtually all of my music (WMA and MP3). Only downside is it takes a while to scan the stick which is a pain on short journeys.

It's a little thirsty, giving me 32MPG on a 200 mile motorway drive with the needle sat on 80mph - but then I bought it without economy in mind!

So far, I'm *very very* happy with it. (And if I can work out how to post some pictures, I will do...)
    Astra (J) GTC SRi 180 / Power red / '12 plate