Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

astra GSI to buy

just found an astra gsi for sale

its a 2003 model with mods on it bringing it up to approx 275bhp.

according to the owner the turbo recently blown but has been replaced.

it has a sun roof.. (which my 02 sri doesnt have so does the gsi have aircon??)

its done 59k which is the same as mine

and the owner wants approx £3600 for it to buy as it was an unwanted part ex to get rid of his old car!

if i were to buy it i'd only re-sell it so do u reckon i would get more than the asking price for it if i were to get it and sell it on after christmas

he said its currently registered under disabled tax, so new owner will have to re tax it and apply for logbook as i only have the new keepers slip and has a slight oil leak which he is hoping to sort out before sale so

what shall i do?
    Rolling in a: 57 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi with X-Pack in Black (145K Miles).
    61 Corsa 1.4 SRi With X-pack in Silver

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could have just put

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-Vauxall-A...item255facae8b

I very much doubt he will let it go for 3600 when its at that in bids, did look at it myself quickly

Joe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well for a start i wouldnt by a car from someone who doesnt have the logbook... Surely they would at least go to the effort of that for a car worth that much if you had it. Tax isnt much of an issue though can easily sort that

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've been bidding on it. And yes he wants £3600 for it. I only bid up too £3300 but maybe going down on the weekend to have a proper look at it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hes only down the road from me if anyone is really interested and wants me to look over it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joereynolds89 View Post
    Hes only down the road from me if anyone is really interested and wants me to look over it
    Ohh that could be handy. I spoke to him on the phone and he really doesn't have a clue about gsi's I recon you could get it for cheaper than £3600 cause he just wants it's gone

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the fella that's got it doesn't think he can get more than 3600 for a stage 3 GSi there is probably a reason why.
    Sapphire Black GSi - Modified by Griffin80 - Mapped by Sean T

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What put me off is that it still smokes? it only needs a good run to clear that so its probably stem seals on there way, he dosnt have logbook has slip (but talks like hes no expecting the logbook as hes asking for you to apply for it) i wouldnt call it that cheap, have been offered gsis at that money before, just been offered an sri turbo at 1800, but also looking at previous history he sold a car which very quickly after sale ****ed up

Joe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Too cheap guys, under disabled tax also???? First of a gsi being on disabled tax i have come across but not going to make assumptions.....

Doesn't know what they are worth.....bet he does. This will have an underlying issue somewhere as it is too cheap. Even with the economic downturn £3600 is a steal. This will no doubt have some bad points somewhere, potentially some serious ones.

Do a Car check on the reg, as it might be cat x write off, and with the way the issue of the v5 was worded would put me off right away. I bought a car once before with disabled tax and the tear-off slip and had nothing but hassle with it. I know totally unrelated but if you have any niggle, any slight doubt at all then walk away.

In my experience, every car i have been 100% happy with has given me no issues at all. Every one i had to ponder on and sleep on the decision has been a pig. Listen to what your mind is telling you. Would you sell your 59k minter of a gsi for £3600? And if he has taken it in P/X fair chancehe is some sort of trader on the side. I would then ask yourself again, do you think he doesn't know what it's worth?

If it were a choice of sell mine for £3600....well i won't post the alternative as it could be fraudulent
    GSi....boosting a' ower yer honda CTR, Vtec this!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    cheers for the input lads.. i was thinking i myself! i've always been told that if it seems too good to be true then it isnt worth it at all!

and after having an half hour argument with the old man about it i dont think i will bother.. esp having the oil leak aswell and the sun roof thing is still bugging me.. why does it have one like if it should have air con
    Rolling in a: 57 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi with X-Pack in Black (145K Miles).
    61 Corsa 1.4 SRi With X-pack in Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast