Thread: Ouch... Need some help!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ouch... Need some help!

Hey guys im hoping to grab some of your wisdom.

As you can see from the above picture, iv died a little inside haha.

I've reversed into a company flatbed, and iv some how managed to fold my rear quarter. Iv done no damage to the flatbed, which adds more salt into my wounds!

I have had a quote from my local mechanic and he will do it for £120.00. But what worries me is he wants me to buy the light, so he can mold the filler around it. Personally him saying this makes me think hes going to bodge it. The cheapness doesnt help the argument. Unless its me being paranoid?

Just looking on some advice on what you would do ? I love this car, so i dont mind if i have to pay more than £120.00 for this repairing. Would you pay for a whole new rear quarter cutting and welding on ? or even better if you know some goood body places near west yorkshire that i can trust to do a good job, id love to know.

Thanks for the help guys

Look forward to hearing from you.

~Joe.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    120 is wayyyyy to cheap for a repair,'welding,filling,priming and paint.is he just going to try and pull the dent out,tap down any raises and filler the rest?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLE 8 View Post
    120 is wayyyyy to cheap for a repair,'welding,filling,priming and paint.is he just going to try and pull the dent out,tap down any raises and filler the rest?
    This is what i thought. Hes going to tap and filler it all and mold it around the light. I dont think this would make the car look any better imo.

What do you think ?

~Joe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joe22 View Post
    This is what i thought. Hes going to tap and filler it all and mold it around the light. I dont think this would make the car look any better imo.

What do you think ?

~Joe

id rather drive around with the damage than a boxed job tbh , if you love the car and have put loads of money into getting everythink spot on then continue to do it , i think if you ring around places and get few quotes ask to see there work before you agree to let them do it. then take it from there , me i have a t reg astra and it wouldnt be worth me putting whole new panel etc as cost more than the cars worth , but if you think its worth new panel then i say do that but if your happy witht he moulding and filla and 120 pound price do it m8.

me personally id take new panel option and get it done properly

and sorry i dont no anyplaces by your who will do it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where in west yorkshire are you joe my mate is a panel beater in sowerby bridge he doesnt paint it but will knock it out so it will only need a skim of filler

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike w View Post
    id rather drive around with the damage than a boxed job tbh , if you love the car and have put loads of money into getting everythink spot on then continue to do it , i think if you ring around places and get few quotes ask to see there work before you agree to let them do it. then take it from there , me i have a t reg astra and it wouldnt be worth me putting whole new panel etc as cost more than the cars worth , but if you think its worth new panel then i say do that but if your happy witht he moulding and filla and 120 pound price do it m8.

me personally id take new panel option and get it done properly

and sorry i dont no anyplaces by your who will do it
    The only problem i have with the filla, is hes wanting to mould around the light. Now i dont think this sounds right. Im very picky when it comes to lines in the car. I like them to look right. I bought this car for £1400.00 on 54k miles never been smoked in. I dont want to rev it off just for this dint.

Do you think i should get it beaten and filler'd and see what happens? or get it welded right etc?

Quote Originally Posted by stupot89 View Post
    where in west yorkshire are you joe my mate is a panel beater in sowerby bridge he doesnt paint it but will knock it out so it will only need a skim of filler
    Im from Wakefield matey.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    99% of bodyshops are going to tap it out as much as possible then skin the top with filler.
    if you can find a body shop thats willing to chop out and replace that part of the panel your going to be forking out a hell of a lot of money.
    any body work place thats managed to stay open more than 5 minutes will be able to get it looking perfect.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    99% of bodyshops are going to tap it out as much as possible then skin the top with filler.
    if you can find a body shop thats willing to chop out and replace that part of the panel your going to be forking out a hell of a lot of money.
    any body work place thats managed to stay open more than 5 minutes will be able to get it looking perfect.
    If filling wont ruin the value (the little it is) of the car then ill get it filled. From the previous quote do you think £120.. for filling and spraying is too cheap ?

Thanks mate.

~Joe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Be straight with him, tell him you want it looking perfect and will not hand any cash over until it is.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update : Cars going in on Wednesday next week, if im lucky i will get it back late xmas eve. Which im not bothered if i dont, i have our lasses mini haha.

£340.00 plus the cost of my Rear light, say £370ish in total. Ill be getting my bonnett touched up as well. Oh any my hugh dint in my bumper. I should be 3/4 way there with my exterior then.

Will post pics of his work, when i get it back.

~Joe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast