Thread: mk2 gte suspension

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk2 gte suspension

Hi All, new boy here so this might be in the wrong section but it's astra chat so think its right! I have an '88 GTE 16v and the standard shocks and lowered springs both look like they are '88 aswell and it drives like a matress! just wandered if anyone has an uprated kit shocks and springs 40-60mm they are looking to get shot of so i can replace it without a mortgage!! let me know if you can help, Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    On my last MK2, which was some 16 years ago, I had Spax springs and Bilstien dampers which were excellent.

My a friend of mine is currently restoring a MK2 GTE and it's almost finished. His is a very early 16v on an E plate. His has replaced the suspension with standard springs and dampers, these are new items and although standard has transformed the car.

He has also re-bushed the suspension which has also made a massive difference.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks for the reply, the thing is it's very low already and i am trying to keep the ride height the same, we have a repair garage in devon so would be easy for me to get standard shocks and springs but if i fit them i will have to buy standard wheels for the old girl and go proper original! which i love, but it's not a tidy enough one to do that with! could just do with someone pulling one apart with some half decent bits on!