Thread: what oil/grade? coupe turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question what oil/grade? coupe turbo

Hey getting a small oil weep I've had on the car for the 2 months. fixed just after xmas. I want to top up the oil a little if needed (it hasn't wept a whole lot but still want to have some oil in case I need to put more in) but unsure what oil type/grade or whatever I need.

as stated in the title, the car is a Coupe Turbo running a stage 2 remap. Also unsure of what oil is in there now sooooooo would it be a bad idea to put in more oil without knowing whats in there already? Not sure if mixing different types and grades of oil is bad or not? I'm a complete mechanical tard if you haven't already noticed

any input would greatly be appreciated, may even send you a cookie
    drives: Black Coupe Turbo <3

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't risk mixing the oils mate. I'd go for 10w40 GM Vauxhall oil, it's adequate enough for a Phase 2 LET, and you might aswell do a full oil change and filter for piece of mind
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    10w40 would be a good safe choice if ur just topping up - its not gonna make a huge difference

i would however just dump it and put fresh stuff in for simple peace of mind

i would opt for a 5w40 though so its a little thinner when cold, ideal for the cold temps over winter which will aid things upon start up.

HTH

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah thanks guys really appreciate the feedback. Just had a horrible experience in the past with an old car where I almost seized the engine by running it dry. Car was burning oil ever so slowly and over the months it ended up with like less than half a litre in the engine. Just wanted piece of mind incase it gets worse n have to top it up (until it's completely fixed in a few weeks)

Would rather be in the know than be posting a thread on here about how my car has died coz of no oil :/ thanks again
    drives: Black Coupe Turbo <3