AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eco 4 Tuning

wow long time since been on here...

hi guys!

anyway back to topic.. had an eco 4 did the panel filter, airbox and a remap. i was happy with it untill i decided i wanted more power. so i upgraded to a seat leon and had SOOOO many problems im reverting back to the astra. now on tuning i have been on the net for a long time and cant seem to find anyone that has really tuned one. my question.. is there any other tuning methods that anyone can think of other than:-

Hybrid Turbo
    remap
    panel filter/air pipe
    SS decat exhaust
    MAYBE a FMIC

i have heard about injectors playing a part but are there any other options available. im not after top end power i just want alot more torque. i want to TRY and match my Leon FR ( which is a 150 model ) or maybe even push past that. and the leon has had too many problems with me we just dont get along lol. any help would be much appreciated.

would also consider a 2.0dti if the performance gains are greater. ps its the Isuzu engine on the 1.7 and its the Astra G

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think there was someone on here not long back who also had a derestricted inlet manifold, will have a look around see if i cand find em again.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by w14ntd View Post

would also consider a 2.0dti if the performance gains are greater. ps its the Isuzu engine on the 1.7 and its the Astra G

I guess when you say eco 4 you mean the cdti version as thats the eco4 spec diesel engine in the astra g

i know the 1.7 cdti in the astra h can be taken up to around 150bhp depending by using bits from the 125ps version on a 100ps version altho there is alot to change and not even sure it would work with astra g as its not canibus

if i was you i would get a astra 2.0 dti its gots loads more torque than the 1.7 engine and is alot quick top end also

you can tune the 2.0dti but it will be only a matter of time untill the pump fails if you do that

other options are the 130ps 2.2 vectra its a revised version of the 2.0 and can be taken to 150bhp quite easily or a LHD astra with the same engine in it was never fitted in the RHD as the gearbox hits the bulkhead

other wise look at 1.9 cdti vectra's and some astra's they are be coming quite cheap now 150bhp vectra's can be had for around 3k

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    pretty certain its the Y17DT engine btw i found out

the fuel pump on my old model did end up going but i replaced it so no issues with that really. not really keen on the vectra.

im still surfing through pages and pages ( as you can see from the original post it was REALLY early in the morning ) but im struggling. only whitevanman has done what i intended on but i cant send him a PM or follow up his threads to see the power outcome

the 2.0 dti is something i would explore but would the gain after modification be hugely noticeable? still doing research as we speak lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok that makes what i posted about the cdti irrelevant as that engine code is a 1.7 dti so i would look at a 2.0 dti

a boxed or remapped 2.0 dti will make around

an extra 30bhp so 130bhp

an extra 70nm so 300nm

compare that to a remapped 1.7 and it would be around 30bhp and 60nm short of a 2.0dti also the 2.0dti has a better gearbox and disc brakes on the rear if your not worried about pump issues get a 2.0dti much better drivers car

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    true. would be easier to get the 2.0 for better performance. would be looking at more than just a remap. cant seem to find anyone engine tuning on the diesels so guess im going to have to experiment and hope for the best. Hybrid i think is the route i want to go down as i have heard good things ( only a few ) and reliable ( i hope ) lol. see what happens when the times comes along

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    where are you based w14ntd as i am doing what you are looking for on my 1.7 dti all mods i can think of ie turbo, intercooler, tubular manifolds, possible head porting, different injectors and defo a hybrid in house remap to suit

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im based in Bradford. havnt bought the astra yet still unsure as to which model im after. i originally wanted the Eco4 because its what im used to. stick yo what you know best as they say. but TPTuning has a good point. start with more power and you can aim for more power

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my 1.7 cdti has over 140bhp

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted