Thread: help!! Hazard lights won't stop flashing

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help!! Hazard lights won't stop flashing

Hi, im new to the forum. A month ago i brought my first astra a 2002 black mk4 sri turbo.
    When i first brought the car i had the problem now and then, wen i shut my car door the hazard lights would flash. the only way to stop this was to turn the key in the igiton until i could hear the clicking noise coming from under the steering wheel stop which only took a few seconds, then after taking the key out the hazard lights would stop flashing.

A couple of days ago after coming back from work, i pulled on the drive switched the engine off and pulled the keys out the igiton. As soon as i pulled the key out the igition the hazards started flashing. i put the keys back in the igition and left it a while thinking it would jus stop like it used to have done before but the clicking noise just doesnt stop. The hazards would flash for about 5-10mins. the only way to stop this is to leave the keys turned in the igiton or to take the fuse out. The alarm looks completely standard. ive disconnected the battery for a few hours thniking it mite reset something but its still doing it.

Any ideas of how to fix this would be appreciated.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

Would you say the alarms working properally and makes a sound when you trigger it?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I havent got a clue if the alarm works properly mate. Ive never heard the alarm go off. The fob doesnt work either so gotta lock with the key, but the central locking works. I reckon the problem could be alarm related though.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I recon it could be too as the standard alarm only disarms via the factory remote or with the keys in the ignition and the only way to stop your indicators flashing is with the igniton on........

You'll probably find someones disconected the sounder because of the trouble it was giving. How to fix it though I don't know. Maybe for now try removing the drivers door pin switch so the alarm doesn't arm up at all
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay cheers mate. I wouldnt know how to remove the drivers door pin switch is there a guide on here to do it?? and disconnecting this would the central locking still work??

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Just below the door check strap that stops it opening onto the wing is a push switch. This is the switch i'm on about and just needs a T20 screw driver to remove.

With it off the alarm won't set and the car will still lock but not deadlock as the car still thinks your in it

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    il give it a go, cheers for all the help mate