Thread: Temp reading on Vaux Corsa. Fault & fix?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Temp reading on Vaux Corsa. Fault & fix?

The g/f's temp readout on her MFD this morning was 65.5c

Right now it's -.-

I'm assuming the sensor if funked.

Is it the same part number as the Astra?

Don't know why i'm asking that as i don't know the part number anyway. Anyone got it (& a price to go with it)?

Or is the cause likely something else?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It will be the sensor; same as most VX models. In fact an awful lot form that list lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Outsi...item3f05abe7e6

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Guide on Corsa C said behind the grille & easy as pie to change.

True to form, i've had difficulties lol.

I'll copy my post from over there in case anyone here can help:

This is a dummy moment i'm sure, but something's not adding up (for me) here. Hopefully you'll take pity & point me in the right direction lol
    Just been at her car this morning & had a look in the Haynes manual anyway. This is what it says:

No mention of grill, so i was a bit dubious. This had me looking at this, which i've obviously disconnected in the pic:

Which looks sod all like the part i ordered in:

So then i get on my knees (steady on!!) & have a look at her grill. I see what looks just like the above part.

Remembering the above link mentioning you can push the grille in etc, i have a go, but it felt like it'd snap with any force, so i stopped. Can't notice any clips to unclip (to remove it that way), so i try getting my hand at this part
    Could i get my hand in there? You bet i couldn't!!
    I don't have the fattest of arms/hands/fingers, but it looks like you'd need seriously anorexic limbs to get into what i'm looking at. From above appears to be an outright no. From underneath looks to be nigh on impossible.

I must be going at it from the wrong angle.
    Anyone feel like shedding light please? I know this should be so simple, but i can't get my hand in there at all.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1) Haynes reference to Air Temp Sensor is for models that dont have an AFM but instead have an ATS in the air inlet ducting

2) the connector youve disconnected is the carbon cannister solenoid purge valve

3) the sensor youve bought is indeed the correct part that locates behind the grille, the pics in 1 and 2 are totally irrelevant!!

cant imagine its that dificult to exchange the sensor altho never touched mine yet

why not look in the haynes for the actual part?? ie exterior body or maybe electrical... not sure where exactly but certainly not the section u were in!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Cheers. I never got your reply before i tackled the job. Got it done in the end & just had my dinner. Anyway, what i've just stuck on Corsa C, so to stick it here also:

Just to update:

IMO (note: in my OPINION) anyone who says this is easy without dropping the bumper is wrong (or has exceptionally small hands).

Finally able to do it. Had to fit the sensor separate to the wiring as couldn't line it up due to my hands struggling to get through the lower grill.

By the time it was done, my hand felt wafer thin & has cuts & scratches all over it. Turned the key to see if it was worth it ..... --.-c I was about to start spitting feathers until it suddenly woke & displayed the temp. LoL.

Nightmare to get to though!!

Thank frig if the Astra's sensor ever goes, you can actually SEE it with the bonnet open.