Thread: How Long Does It Take!? (DVLA)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How Long Does It Take!? (DVLA)

For the DVLA to transfer a private number plate from one car to a brand new one?

Iím buying my dadís company car as he is due a new one, it made sense as I drive it all the time now anyway, and have probably already done about 5,000 miles in it. Lex leasing rang my dad around the 24th of November to say the dealership had received his new car and had sent all the paperwork off to get the number plate transferred from his old one to his new one.

Itís now the 10th and there has still been nothing back! My dad spoke to Lex on Wednesday and they said they are still waiting to get the documents back. Itís driving me mad as I sold my Astra last week due to the tax running out, so now even though I have use of my car to be at night, I have to get the bus to work and get up an hour earlier!

How long does this process normally take, has anyone experience?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cant comment on a new car, but i did my private plates yesterday it took 3 days for all the documents to arrive then went into the dvla yesterday it took them 5 min to print off the new tax disk and v5 then bobs your uncle you can put your new plates on

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Done through the post it does take more time than doing it in person on the counter. Also some local offices have been either closed or running on a limited service lately due to the weather.