Thread: AF renewal (Trinity lane)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

AF renewal (Trinity lane)

Its that time of the year again. My insurance is due on xmas eve and Adrian Flux have quoted me £460 a year (up by £60 over last year - assume its because of my accident even tho it was a 100% non fault - i was asleep when a car hit mine)

Anyway my main question is do Adrian Flux only use Trinity Lane? Im 26 and want the "3rd party on other cars" but they dont seem to use it or will allow me to have it which is stupid as my wife (22years old) has it on her policy with CIS.

forgot to say the car (H 1.6twinport) is only slightly modified: alloy wheels, lowered and HIDs.
    I have 3points from april 2006 as well as the accident in jan 2010.
    9years driving experience / 8 years NCB.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just had my renewal through from AF Trinity Lane. Mines gone up from £650 to £699 (with breakdown cover). I've made no claims... So you increase may be nothing to do with the accident, just general yearly increases.

The only thing I know about other insurance firms they use, is when I enquired about adding my wife to the car insurance, in anticipation of her passing her driving test. They said Trinity Lane wouldn't cover me with a new driver on the policy, so they would go with another firm.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm with AF, but its not trinity lane. Think the name is red something or other

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,

I'm do apologise I've only just seen your Thread, We use other Insurers as well as Trinity Lane.

If you would like me to look into this for you then please PM me your Name and Postcode, Contact Number and the best time to call you.

Dan.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Unfortunately i was looking around for cheaper quotes and couldnt find anything.

I called AF up to find out if it was cheaper to change the underwriters and they said it was the cheapest they could do (even with my AOC discount) and so ive had to accept the quote - its due on the 24th

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by scdavis View Post
    Unfortunately i was looking around for cheaper quotes and couldnt find anything.

I called AF up to find out if it was cheaper to change the underwriters and they said it was the cheapest they could do (even with my AOC discount) and so ive had to accept the quote - its due on the 24th
    I found esure was cheaper than Adrian Flux so went with them last year. I tried Adrian Flux for a quote and they wanted just under £700 and my renewal offer is £435 from esure. I can't find anything cheaper than that for a low excess, 10 years no claims, no points etc. so I will be renewing.
    Adrian Flux is not cheap when compared to companies like Direct Line, Churchill, CIS and many others in my experience over the last few years and I would suggest you shop around. Cut out the broker, or middle man, go directly to an insurance company or try comparison sites.
    Why pay others to do it for you.

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff2 View Post
    I found esure was cheaper than Adrian Flux so went with them last year. I tried Adrian Flux for a quote and they wanted just under £700 and my renewal offer is £435 from esure. I can't find anything cheaper than that for a low excess, 10 years no claims, no points etc. so I will be renewing.
    Adrian Flux is not cheap when compared to companies like Direct Line, Churchill, CIS and many others in my experience over the last few years and I would suggest you shop around. Cut out the broker, or middle man, go directly to an insurance company or try comparison sites.
    Why pay others to do it for you.
    can i ask how modified your car is and if it is modified have you declaired it as AF have been found to be very good with modified cars hence why i am with them and so many others are.

I rang around to get quotes last year and one of the other companys asked who i had my cheapest quote from and when i said AF they just said i can tell you now with engine mods we wont be able to beat them. and thats the compition!

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft