Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HID kit installed, some questions (with pics)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HID kit installed, some questions (with pics)

So ive just fitted my h7 8000k HID kit with normal ballasts.
    Not really got any problems other than i could do with some advice on mounting the ballasts. I dont want to remove the bumper especially in this weather. Ive just cabled tied them at the minute and they dont move or anything, but they are laying against some thick cables which run to the headlights and other things. I picked normal ballasts as ive heard the slimmer ones get hotter.
    Do you think the ballasts will ever get too hot so they damaged the wires that are near them? Also when i turn them on they light up almost instantly, i thought they take about a minute to warm up?

Also any mounting advice would be appreciated, pics:

Drivers side ballast:

Bit untidy but dont really know where to put all the wires:

Passenger side ballast:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They will be fine mate, i done the same but with slim ballasts on mine but when i took the bumper off to fit other headlights then i moved the drivers one under the headlight & got the passenger one tucked inside the battery bag on my gsi. Mine get bright after a few seconds.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstanley View Post
    They will be fine mate, i done the same but with slim ballasts on mine but when i took the bumper off to fit other headlights then i moved the drivers one under the headlight & got the passenger one tucked inside the battery bag on my gsi. Mine get bright after a few seconds.
    Fair enough. i tried them again when it was darker and they did take about 15 seconds to light fully.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    worth doing ? kinda itching to do it myself lol i hadnt realised i had fitted my father in laws HIDs in his Jag X-type last year myself so i guess its no different
    IT Services for Glasgow, UK
    This is only here for google webmaster tools purposes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just me or are the lights 6000k? I thought 8000k had more blue in them? They are ticked 8000k on the box but i swear they are 6000k.
    Uploading a vid for a clearer view

Dont know why that doesnt have a play symbol but hey if you click it you will see.
    Note the difference between the halogen full beams and the HID lows.
    The full beams actually have a tint of blue, but you cant even tell against the HIDS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had my ballasts in exactly the same places in my GSI for 2 years, no problems.
    6K/8K, very little difference really. You'll be able to tell the colour better when it's dark.
    They are definately worth doing.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When i installed the passenger side one, i was told the vertical line which goes down the bulb should be at 7pm. But it was freezing cold and i ended up doing it at 3pm...do you think i should take it out and align it properly?
    Also, more pics, im aware i need to lower the lights a lot to avoid blinding people:

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why have you fitted 8k, as they give you less light on the road than 5k or even 6k,lights are for you too see with not there to look cool.(you do know they wont pass an mot don't you......?)
    i can see why they are guna be banned next year,as you see more and more people every day with these cheap blue kits fitted.
    ps,i'd get the ballasts fitted to a solid surface as like they are they will see alot of vibration.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slim-shany View Post
    why have you fitted 8k, as they give you less light on the road than 5k or even 6k,lights are for you too see with not there to look cool.(you do know they wont pass an mot don't you......?)
    i can see why they are guna be banned next year,as you see more and more people every day with these cheap blue kits fitted.
    ps,i'd get the ballasts fitted to a solid surface as like they are they will see alot of vibration.
    Im not even sure if they are 8k tbh, they arent as blue as, say, these 8000k's

Click here if you cannot see the above video...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Are they in standard headlights or projectors?

Had them aligned properly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast