Thread: Astravan Sportive 1.7cdti cut off & now wont turn over

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astravan Sportive 1.7cdti cut off & now wont turn over

i have an Astra van Sportive 53 plate 1.7cdti The problem started on motorway driving my van it cut out, engine and electrics i pulled over and couldnt re-start, however after 15 mins, started and was fine cont`d journey and same thing happened again after 15 mins it would start again it started and stopped 4 times within 15 miles. i have had a mechanic look over it and he cannot find any faults mechanically. We have cracked to see if fuel is getting through and fuel doesnt seem to be a problem. it was however blowing 60amp fuses always the same fuse. i am not exactly very fluent around the engine and have always seeked help although have had mixed advice. been told might be ECU, Voltage regulator (although cant find it) fuel ECU im getting bogged down and want it fixed anyone able to help ? Now i have tried it and the electrics come on and i can hear the engine sound like its tryin but wont turn over and drains battery V Quick even when connected to another car for jump doesnt make any differenceBattery drains again. my key has remote central locking and will operate no problems was told this would rid Immobiliser as prob any more info on request.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The first part about cutting out and re starting after 15 mins sounds like a faulty crankshaft sensor, the sensor sends a low voltage signal to the ecu to tell it that the engine is turning so needs fuel, when these go faulty they stop sending the signal when they are hot, so once cooled down it will send the signal again, if this proves to be your problem the part from vauxhall is around £60-70 (I would advise against using a pattern part as they are known to be problematic).

The sensor is on the back of the block just under the starter motor and is 1 plug and 1 bolt so simple to change but a mare to get to.

As for the battery drain I would take the van to a battery dealer and ask for a drop test they would then be able to advise if you have a tired battery that is not holding the charge or a charging problem.

I am sure that some other members maybe able to add some further suggestions as soon as they see the post.

Good luck hope you get it sorted

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im actually glad someone has actually reponded to my plee for help .... havent got round to fixing it yet as been away now back again ... would the crankshaft sensor cut out everything even the electrics ? and if this is a poss how would i check before i buy ?