Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

54 Plate 1.4 Petrol Engine control system Fault

Hi there.

Today I experienced a fault with my 54 Plate Astra 1.4 Petrol, that has only done 27k Miles on the clock.
    i was driving to work which is 3 miles away and half way on the journey the Engine Management light came on, i then felt the car slow down and all lights flashed red for a second, then the car would only do 20MPH.

My friend got his mate from a local garage to bring a diagnostic machine to find out the fault, he then checked it and it came up with 2 errors both Misfiring error.

I was advised to replace the spark plugs and buy a bottle of CATACleaner, they cleared the LIMP mode so I could drive home.

I brought what they suggested and was on my way on the 10 mile journey that CATACleaner advises after use but the light has come back again, however the car did not go in limp mode and let me do 70MPH.

I am confused what to do now Please Help

Kind Regards
    Clive

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have similar problems with my 2001 1.4 which has done 72k miles. After numerous trips to my local Vauxhall garage, I've had to send the ECU away to Nottingham to be repaired, as it had a fault(at a cost of £304 - I highly recommend them though). And get new spark plugs & coil pack(only £40 quid). Problem persists.

Now I've been told the CAT may be the source of the problem, as a mechanic friend of mine pointed out that it seems to be rattling, but is unsure until it can be put up on a ramp and looked at properly. (Which isn't going to happen until the weather looks up). So when I do get it there, that's possibly another £200-£300 odd, and it may not even fix the problem

Not so much help, more a warning that it may not be simple