Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrighty's Astra SRI XP- 2.0L Turbo, Progress Thread.

Wrighty28

Wrighty's Astra SRI XP- 2.0L Turbo, Progress Thread.

Recent Update: Custom made, Opel center wheel caps- 15/12/2010.

Wlecommen!

This thread will start off a bit slow, due to insurance bending me over a barrel! But there a definite plans for this beast so, suggest suggest suggest.

She came to me fairly standard. Only Mods being:

HUGE 19'' VXR optional extra's.
    Across the board LED conversion, with an added SRI in the dash which the converter uses as his trade mark.
    And a part debadge.

So yesterday, i had the V grille colour coded, which turned out absolutly ace. But something was missing. so I had a play this morning, and came up with this

the standard V grille, colour coded, however, the Griffin's been removed, the plate it was housed on has been carbon fibre wrapped, and an Opel Blitz has been stuck on. It looks even better in real life IMO, and im yet to see one similar or the same.

more to come! Just waiting for this to set before it goes back on.

Much Love.

Small Update :

Grille's back on and looking sweet, 112mm Opel Blitz is on the back!

Ok so I got the rear chrome strip off this evening. Im fairly happy with how it's come out. All the imperfections I managed to scrape round to the bottom so there not instantly noticeable until you get underneath and look ordered my red Turbo badge yesterday so, i may re - wrap it when that shows up.

Not bad for my first ever attempt at wrapping!

Update: 6/12/2010

Okey Dokie, 3 weeks ago I ordered my HUGE 54mm opel badges to fabricate onto my center wheele caps. Que the snow. Turned up today, and took me about 45 mins to get sorted. Very happy with the out come. Iv copied my idea from the front grille, of carbon fibre wrapping the backing plate, so now not only do they match, they look like manufactured quality - the Opel badges are impact glued on, im a little worried about them spinnig off at high speed, thow, a few days in the warmth before there put on, im hoping should service. The front grille is now as hard a concrete. Zero play in it at all so having used the same method here, should be sweet as nut.

Update 15/12/2010- caps are on and seem to be holding superb! they seem to have a tiny bit of play after ive been out for a while but other than me franticly checking to see if they've fallen off at some point, sometimes even at lights all is good for now!

Thow from these photo I think I need to give her a clean, the alloys atm are a complete different colour from the caps!

Update - Legal pressed plates are on order, thow couldn't get my Belgian or E ones so had to settle for plane jane.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very nice. whats next to do? Lowering?
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Wrighty28
    Quote Originally Posted by iansimms2004 View Post
    very nice. whats next to do? Lowering?
    that is definitely on the roster, gna give it a year to let insurance come down so i can declare it. next is going to be some 8k HIDS, and im getting some LEGAL Belgian pressed plates made up, as she was made and first registered in Belgium! hence the Euro - esk look.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some very nice touches there fella, such a good job colour coding v grille I would of done same to rear chrome strip, I wrapped mine 6 months ago and have already gone of it. When weather picks back up will be spraying it.
    Who put the sri light in the dash..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they look amazing good job always nice to have a crack yourself.
    So Far ZLEH, M32, FMIC, Top Hat, CDTi box, Thermobolic intake gasket, De cat, alloy rad, GSi bumper, Coilovers not long off a map now lol

Wrighty28
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSRI View Post
    Some very nice touches there fella, such a good job colour coding v grille I would of done same to rear chrome strip, I wrapped mine 6 months ago and have already gone of it. When weather picks back up will be spraying it.
    Who put the sri light in the dash..
    Cheers for comments mate, I'm not to sure who did the SRI. I bought the car like it but he is/ was an AOC member, he said somebody from the site did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Danithesqaudy View Post
    they look amazing good job always nice to have a crack yourself.
    Cheers buddy, much more rewarding doing stuff yourself! however, iv got one MAJOR problem now lol, the only badge i cant do at the moment is the airbag, checked with VXL and to get a new airbag from Germany is £670! lol, every other mk of astra was a plug and play £12.50 job!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i like that a lot fella
    Gloss black roof, XP kit, Colour coded boot liner and V grill. astra mk 5 crown

Wrighty28
    cheers mate, anything in particular?!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Looks good, I do like that.

The only thing is ... the boot strip. The whole silver carbon thing is not doing it for me I am afraid.

How about, colour code the boot strip so it matches in with the front grill. IMO, as it is at the moment will not go with those lovely centre caps you have got. The 2 carbon colours conflict each other IMO.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks tidy mate

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast