Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cancelling insurance & named driver question

Hey
    I have a couple of questions i cant find the answer to so some help would be ace.

Firstly what are the normal penalities for cancelling insurance before the end of the year? No company seems to openly state there charges and i dont have access to my old insurance documents at the moment.

Also when adding a named driver do the insurance want to talk to them to confirm details? I have a friend who would be an good addition driver to bring down the cost but she's in spain for 3 months.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    some co's don't charge to cancel your policy some do its all down to who you are with and how good they are, had some pay me back hastings for one

no they don't need to speak with them well they have never asked me to speak with my daughter who is on my policys
    on a back road somwhere playing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    If a company charged then whats the max it would be roughly? Would they charge up to the rest of the month?

Also f i cancelled then what would happen if I had paid annually verus monthly with regards to getting my money bacK?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    as said it all depends on said co as my son cancelled his bike one yrs ago and they never gave anything back and he was only 4mths into the policy if you pay monthly just stop the standing order at your bank not alot they can do then
    my daughter was with diamond (before she was on my policy) and when she cancelled they just charged her up to the end of the mth
    on a back road somwhere playing

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabyoulous View Post
    Hey
    I have a couple of questions i cant find the answer to so some help would be ace.

Firstly what are the normal penalities for cancelling insurance before the end of the year? No company seems to openly state there charges and i dont have access to my old insurance documents at the moment.

Also when adding a named driver do the insurance want to talk to them to confirm details? I have a friend who would be an good addition driver to bring down the cost but she's in spain for 3 months.

Thanks
    Hello,

You would need to contact your Insurer for the cancellation charges as it does vary between each insurer.

Adrian Flux do not need to speak to any of the Named drivers so long as you have all the details needed for adding them to the policy.

Hope this helps in some way.

Dan.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It does vary between different insurance companys but generally they will want most of the remainder of the premium, whether paying in full or monthly.
    If you have paid in full and cancel you may find you will get very little back as a refund.
    If you are paying monthly they may ask for a large lump sum upon cancellation towards the remainder of the premium. Although you are paying monthly you have still taken out a years policy which needs to be paid for. You could cancel the direct debit they have the right to come after you for the money as it is a debt basically. Whether they would or not I don't know.
    As for adding a named driver most companys will just need their details, no need to speak to them in person.