Thread: mad bitch with poorly car !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mad bitch with poorly car !

Hi all, i've just found this nice web site.....I''m just wondering if anyone can help with a big problem i have please...

the boot lock on my astra is no longer working (dont know why) but i have the gromet out and can manually open it from the inside i need to remove the whole lock but there is my problem.

once the boot is open you see the mechanism, i've removed the screw which holds the black trim from around the lock area then 2 screws holding the lock now i'm stuck as the third and last screw holding the lock mechanism is hidden behind the panneling which i can not figure out how to get off without any damage, my bloody husband told me if i bought this car he would have nothing to do with it as i scare the pants off him when just driving about.....duno why but there you have it.....any help please would be nice.....thanx jo.....

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to AOC, to make it a bit easier for us to help you, can you tell us what model the car is, what age it is, whether it's a coupe or a hatchback etc.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its a mk5. then the press to release switch has probly pushed out of position

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where your from? someone may be able to help if local

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has it just stopped working, or has it been a problem for a couple of weeks?
    If it's a MK5 hatchback, it might be worth checking the fuse for the tailgate lock, before you start stripping the lock out. If your windscreen washer pump has stopped working, then chances are the fuse has blown. Same fuse covers the tailgate lock on the MK5.