Thread: Door strip for my Mk4 Astra

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Door strip for my Mk4 Astra

EDIT - Just found out that mine is a Mk3, even though it was delivered in Nov 2000..... a peculiarity of the car being sold in Eastern Europe......

Hi All,

I've just purchased a 2000 model Astra Classic GL 1.6i, and amongst other things, the front 2" of the rear passenger door strip has broken away, leaving a nasty piece of sharp metal behind.

Before I start sawing away, could anyone help me understand what is involved in replacing the door strip?

I'm based out here in the Czech Republic, and as I speak very poor Czech my options are limited regarding what I can achieve here.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the mouldings are just stuck on,they can be a pig to remove though,the part number you require is 9117262 for the right side and 9117259 for the left side should you ever need that

to remove you will need to pull the moulding out slightly and cut the tape with a sharp knife,it will take a bit of time then you have to remove the remains of the tape,when you refit the moulding observe any gaps fron the front edge of the door to the moulding on the other side as if you mount it too far fowards the moulding will hit the front door,also when you refit the moulding make sure the door panel is warm as that helps the moulding to stick better,idealy using 2 of you as once stuck they dont peel off very well

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, I did just saw the front damaged bit off (about 2") and it doesn't look so bad, but if I have time, I'll replace the lot.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    here is the part numbers of the front door mouldings
    rh 9117245
    lh 9117243
    and if you cannot get the blanks out here is the part number of the blanks 90524862 they do not come with the mouldings