Thread: Hit a curb and now my wheel is bent!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hit a curb and now my wheel is bent!

Hi everyone I was out driving in the crazy snow we've had and unfortunately i skidded on a roundabout sending my front drivers side wheel into a curb.

Immediately I noticed that my steering wheel was out of line and the wheel had bent. Looks like positive camber lol.

I took it to kwik fit and had the tracking done and asked if they could check for anything bent. He said it all looked good but was no different after doing the tracking however it steered straighter and he didn't charge me lol

What is the most likely component to bend under impact? Wishbone and track rod looked alright

Cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i guess the kwik fit garage just adjusted the toe of the front wheels.does the wheel still look out of position with another wheel fitted or was the camber down to the damaged wheel? if the wheel is visably out of position and its not just the wheel bent it could be any number of things bent wishbone, trackrod end, shock absorber or even the stub axle itself. i have known stub axles and shock absorbers to have bent after impacts trouble is spotting it can be very hard. If the damage is bad enough and you stripped the damaged side down you might be able to see a bend in the stub. sorry couldnt help very much cant exactly picture the set up on the astra at the moment but gives you a few things to look into.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how fast was you going on impact? i'd lean more towards a knackered wish bone/ball joint.