Thread: Auxiliary ECU

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Auxiliary ECU

Got the car back from garage today but he says he couldnt fix the washers because he replaced the fuse and still didnt work and after checking this and that he was stumped and phoned vauxhall who said it could be the auxiliary ecu, which supplys the water washer, wipers, horn and some heating which the car also went in for as it wont blow air out at the screen! I didnt even know the car had an aux ecu? Boot to say im getting fed up with this car now is an understaement!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I fixed the washers, by putting a fuse in also solved the windscreen blower problem thanks to idi from here, now the horn problem, because my battery was knackered this morning ive just fitted a new 1 and before I bolted it down I wanted to see if it started so i turned the car over and hey presto it started, but as it started I heard a big plink noise, I thought that didnt sound good, then I realised that I had left the plate that holds the battery in position on the top of the engine and it must have fallen through to the under panel, thats when I noticed that the horn wasnt connected, there are 2 plugs near the horn so I stuck the first 1 in and the horn sounded constantly, so I disconnected it and tried the second 1 and the same? Whats would cause the horn to sound constantly? I didnt find the battery plate either btw!