Thread: Anyone live in/near Hull or know someone who does?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone live in/near Hull or know someone who does?

with regards to this thread:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=285019

A friend of mine came down and dug my astra out for me today so I can move again I contacted the pound in Hull but they insisted that I don't try to come and collect Mervin as the roads are unploughed, ungritted and "lethal" (the location btw is HU8 9LP)

I really want to give it another go in the morning and get down there if I can with maximum daylight hours, BUT, what I want to know, is from a local viewpoint, exactly HOW bad are the roads there?

The pound manager said they are "terrible" but it's all subjective on the opinion and driving experience of the person telling you Her idea of "terrible" roads might be my idea of "ok" roads I'm happy to tackle. Even if their lane is snowed in I'm happy to leave my car at the end of the lane and walk down to them to get the dog, but she insists that the local minor roads between them and "major" roads are completely untreated.

Any more viewpoints?

Cheers chaps.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I live in Hornsea and drove through to Beverley this morning. The roads were covered but easily passable. I've got friends in Hull that say its bad but to be fair the worst of it will be traffic. I would say it depends on how comfortable you are as a driver in snow. Personally I would do it.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm very comfortable driving in snow as I used to live in Colorado, working on a plan with another volunteer now though which involves taking my car part of the way (motorways etc) then meeting up and swapping into their 4x4 to go the "worse" part, then coming back to collect my car and come back home Thanks for the input.