Thread: How to pull up rear seat cushion?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How to pull up rear seat cushion?

Hi, I have a Zaf A. I just bought it a few days ago (I'm in Australia). In the user manual it does not mention how to lift the rear seat cushion up (second row) so I can slide it up against the front seats. Can anyone please tell me what I have to do to get this to work?

Thanks!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there should be a lever down the bottom of the seat, push it down and the bench will fold up against the backrests

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi icejazz and welcome to the bus lane
    Now drives a Vectra C 1.9 cdti SRi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is a dead stop that stops it going all the way forward. You need a long finger to do it lol. Lift the bench up then you have to put your finger inside the centre slide and there is a little sprung loaded lever that you push down. At the same time you have to pull the bench seat forwards and twist the big lever on the side. Best if you have 3 hands lol. Gives about another 10" of room in the back
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your help!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
    there is a dead stop that stops it going all the way forward. You need a long finger to do it lol. Lift the bench up then you have to put your finger inside the centre slide and there is a little sprung loaded lever that you push down. At the same time you have to pull the bench seat forwards and twist the big lever on the side. Best if you have 3 hands lol. Gives about another 10" of room in the back
    I found lifting the seat cushions up vertical against back rest, pulled the dead stop catch on the middle rail out of the way. Then the row could slide forward off the rails and vice versa, keep seat base vertical to slide row backwards onto middle rail. You only need a long finger if you want to slide the row on/off with the seats flat. On the sides there's one lever for sliding the row, then below it another smaller lever to let the seat base fold up.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you are losing me there mate, don't really understand what you mean. whether the seat base is flat or up the little extra lever makes the whole lot go a bit further forward
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    May have to double check myself now. I just vaguely remember from when swapping the back row over. The top lever on the sides only let the row slide to ends of middle rail, where the catch is. The little lower down lever on the sides let the seat base fold up. I'm sure when the seat base was up it put, the row would push the catch on the middle row out of the way and slide past it, going forwards further towards the front seats.

I didn't realise this when pulling the old seats off, so pushed the catch out of way with a long screwdriver. But on putting the new row in, I noticed with the seat base up it could slide over the catch, going forwards and backwards. With the seat base down, it would butt up against the catch and stop.