Thread: OH NO More Problems!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OH NO More Problems!!

Following on from my Coolant probs, I traced it to a leaking Heater Matrix, of which I replaced at the weekend (god, never again, all but the pedals were removed from front of th car). At the same time I changed the Ignition Barrell and now cant get the car to run??
    It started 1st turn of the key, then immediately cut out.

Is this the immobiliser kicking in??

Only the ignition barrell and key blade were changed, didnt change the transponder or key fob.

Am I needing to reprogram the new key blade, or could I have missed something when I'v been putting the car back together??

Tony.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmmm i always thought if u changed the barrell u had to get it reprogramed so it dosent cut out ave u tried reseting ECU by unpluggin battery for bout 30 mins see if that works if not then thats all i an suggest mate but dont take my word on tht i could be wrong

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does the car with a spanner through it flash when turning it over? If so its immobiliser, its usually that the sensor near the ignition barrell has been left un connected, is faulty or has been connected backwards... Best to check there first, sounds typical of immob fault though... If anyone local has an opcom that could help they can read what the immob is seeing with the key in the ignition which may help with the diagnosis...
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Luke, tried disconnecting the battery, aldo tried sitting in the car with the ignition on and pressing the fob to see if it set it, but no joy!

Graeme, aint seen a spanner light, aint getting an oil light or battery light either but seem to be getting everything else xcept the final kick of the engine.
    I'll see if can find someone that can get the car plugged in in the region,

Cheers for your help guys.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t99nyf View Post
    Luke, tried disconnecting the battery, aldo tried sitting in the car with the ignition on and pressing the fob to see if it set it, but no joy!

Graeme, aint seen a spanner light, aint getting an oil light or battery light either but seem to be getting everything else xcept the final kick of the engine.
    I'll see if can find someone that can get the car plugged in in the region,

Cheers for your help guys.

ahh ok mate keep us posted man like to no incase i ave to do something like that in futcher